Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Changing computer - little advise please. - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Yes thats right, do it all within VDj so it updates the VDJ database. Moving the VDJ folder in "my documents" just drag and drop or whatever within file explorer. I would recommend that you "copy" to ext hard drive. That way you dont affect anything on old computer should it not work for any reason.

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 1:22 pm
Quite clear, thanks again.

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 3:01 pm
Andy7689 wrote :
From within VDJ, move or copy all your tracks to the external hard drive. Then on new computer, plug in hard drive and then move/copy to the internal drive of the computer. Then just copy/move the VDJ folder in "my documents" to the new computer. All worked great for me.

Actually copy the folder on the new PC BEFORE copying your media files.
Otherwise you risk to overwrite your database with a wrong copy.

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 7:19 pm
MKV666PRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi all, I am trying to get similar results and I like Nuzzlets solution to use One drive, but I have a few questions.
1. Do you find there is any lag when you start VDJ8?
2. Do you keep a local copy of VDJ database on each machine in case of no internet connection?
3. What happens if you have music on both machines c: drive but in different places, does the software realize its missing or will it cause it to hang?
I have a machine to rip and tag my music, it also downloads from Promo Only. I then have a gig machine so I would like them both to see the same information.
Many thanks for your help.
Best regards Andy.

Inviato Wed 31 May 17 @ 5:28 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)