Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: New License Ideas

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I've got a few ideas on licensing below that would be helpful to low-budget DJs, or any DJ who has not purchased the software.

1: Per-Controller Pro - This license would be slightly more expensive than each per-controller license, but it would allow professional use (Defined in the EULA as: making money with VDJ). Maybe even just replace Plus with this. Plus is not very helpful because most controllers already come with the software.

2: Long Term Pro - This license would allow users to specify a length of time in which they would like to buy Pro. It could be sequentially cheaper for the longer you buy it (eg: 2 months is $20/mo, 4 months is $15/mo, etc). This would be different from a subscription because it would not be auto-renewing. You could just pay $20 up front for a month access to Pro. This could be useful if you need to have a month of DJing with VDJ where you are using the software, but then a few months when you aren't DJing (and don't want to pay subscription).

3: Significantly greater discounts when upgrading from LE - This one is self explanatory. I went to check how much of a discount I got with my LE key, and it showed up as only a $20 discount. Sure, that's okay, but it is quite small.

4: Long Term Content Unlimited - Same idea as long term pro.

5: Version 7 anything - Cheaper licenses for only version 7? Just an idea.

6: Addon Content License - Pretty simple. Would allow access to all the addons.

7: Professional Use License - Can be added to any less-than-pro license (or Home) to allow that user to (legally) use VDJ in the professional environment.

Sorry if this seemed messy. It was half brainstorm/half thought out. Some of these could boost sales, some maybe not, just a bunch of ideas :)

Inviato Sun 25 Dec 16 @ 11:22 pm
Keep it smart and simple.
No changes need imO.

Inviato Mon 26 Dec 16 @ 9:29 am
music234 wrote :
Keep it smart and simple.
No changes need imO.

I agree! The great thing about the license is that once you purchase the pro version there's nothing else to worry about. It will work with any supported controller and all the updates, addons etc are free. You can't get more simple than that!

Inviato Mon 26 Dec 16 @ 9:51 am
True, but if you didn't want to pay full price at the time, or couldn't afford it at the time, then having a single controller pro would be helpful.

Inviato Mon 26 Dec 16 @ 5:17 pm
I work 1 full time job, a part time and I gig!!

If somebody really wants to buy this program they'll bust they're ass and get that money.

The pricing model is fine......

Inviato Tue 27 Dec 16 @ 2:30 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
For point 2 (and thus 4) it doesn't make sense to discount the price to make it cheaper than a monthly subscription, after all we don't discount for long-term monthly subscribers. If you don't want to autorenew, then you can always purchase then cancel the subscription right away. Selecting a prepaid period adds complication and potential confusion for purchasers and also the capability for a mistake to be made resulting in problems at a gig. I can't really see a great upside for this option.

Regarding point 5 we no longer sell v7. It is included with a Pro license purchase for legacy reasons but it's no longer in development so selling it is not possible.

Point 6 - addon accessibility varies. For v8 addons, the access level is chosen by the author of the addon, not Atomix. So the author can make it freely available or restricted to any particular license level of user.

Inviato Tue 27 Dec 16 @ 11:37 am
1: I guess it does make sense for the subscriptions to stay the way they are.

2: I did not know that v7 was not of that status anymore. I thought since it was available for the Pro purchase that it was. So this makes sense.

3: Yes, I guess it would be complicated to change how addons work, and some of the addon developers might not like it.

All useful points. Thanks for entertaining this discussion :)

the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
If somebody really wants to buy this program they'll bust they're ass and get that money.

Looks like I'll have to do the same!

Inviato Tue 27 Dec 16 @ 5:16 pm
Bumping this topic. Can we get an official statement about why there is no upgrade path from Home to Pro?

If I am DJing in my bedroom, with a Home license, and I want to go 'Pro' - I have to fork out full price, $300, rather than just pay the difference.

Inviato Thu 31 May 18 @ 4:19 pm
I guess it's because a pro would have no issue spending $300 on something that's going to be used day in, day out to earn money...

Inviato Thu 31 May 18 @ 4:22 pm
What about folks just getting into paid gigs, kids parties, nans funeral etc?

They aren't going to be on mega-bucks to start with.

Other controller software licenses are much better priced. The issue i have is my controller is pretty much only for VDJ.

Inviato Thu 31 May 18 @ 4:29 pm
That's what the Pro subscription is for...

$300 is hardly mega bucks anyway. A controller could easily cost that. Speakers will certainly cost much more, so will lighting.

It's certainly the best value DJ software - others may seem cheaper but they don't have the functionality or versatility of Virtual DJ.

I also own Rekordbox DJ, Serato DJ Pro and Traktor........but the one I use regularly is Virtual DJ.

Inviato Thu 31 May 18 @ 4:38 pm
NosvenLE userMember since 2015
I think it would be fair if someone purchased a license per controller and wanted to buy pro at a later date, they would just pay the difference. (Price for Pro ninus price paid per controller)

Inviato Sat 02 Jun 18 @ 4:17 am
If your a pro dj then $300 should be covered by just one gig what's the problem

I work in the software and hardware industry and we come across this problem all the time , the mass produced hardware with one year warranty, because it can't simply be copied gets a high price tag....

And the software that has taken a team of developers years to produce, gets on going updates and support, is sold far too cheap !

Yes you read correctly too cheap, i purchased pro within hours of first using it, so now i am a pro infinity user, and i sometime feel that i should be paying for upgrades , its a bargain.

A Microsoft office subscription will probably cost you less these days....

Rant over , if your not a bedroom dj then just pays ya money then go out and ern it back, 3 hours gigging should do it!

Inviato Wed 06 Jun 18 @ 4:34 pm
i think i should be grandfathered in with my license. ive been paying 20 bucks for more than 2yrs, it would be nice to be able to have the license permenantly without the extra money, since ive done paid more than double.

Inviato Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 5:10 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)