Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Ask the DJ Automatic replies

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Not sure if this has been asked for before. But playing around with ask the dj. I was curious as to how it knows where to send the reply to. So tried it out, and it sends to the web page. I would imagine most people will send a request then close the screen quite quickly. By the time I have replied they will have closed the screen. Being able to set an automatic reply would be good. Something like "thank you for your request. DJx will try and play your song if appropriate" or something like that anyway. In addition to that, would be nice to be able to have a little space to type a message which displays at the top of your web page. So you can set a few caveats. "If your song will kill the atmosphere it wont get played" or "theme for tonight is latin only" or whatever.

Inviato Fri 13 Jan 17 @ 12:05 am
Andy7689 wrote :
Not sure if this has been asked for before. But playing around with ask the dj. I was curious as to how it knows where to send the reply to. So tried it out, and it sends to the web page. I would imagine most people will send a request then close the screen quite quickly. By the time I have replied they will have closed the screen. Being able to set an automatic reply would be good. Something like "thank you for your request. DJx will try and play your song if appropriate" or something like that anyway. In addition to that, would be nice to be able to have a little space to type a message which displays at the top of your web page. So you can set a few caveats. "If your song will kill the atmosphere it wont get played" or "theme for tonight is latin only" or whatever.

Both of these are great ideas! I would Like to see these as well.

Inviato Thu 24 Sep 20 @ 8:54 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Auto answer is maybe possible, have to investigate more deeper...
maybe using "browsed_song 'message' 'some text'" or "browsed_song 'message' `get_text 'sometext'`" can be done

Receiving message and handle it is already possible (search for an asked song & add to playlist/karaoke
what i asked for when playing with that was .... ability to script the singer name and key change

"browsed_song 'message'" and "browsed_song 'when'" and "browsed_song 'from'" are working in folder "Ask the DJ"
and a rsi loop looking for "get_askthedj_unread" can be done

some old threads about similar or start point
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/225516/VirtualDJ_Skins/Ask_The_DJ.html
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/231753/Wishes_and_new_features/Jukebox_mode.html

Inviato Fri 25 Sep 20 @ 12:33 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)