Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-WEGO stuck in search mode, default mapping incorrect?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Paw85Home userMember since 2017
Hello.

I got an used DDJ-WEGO(1) three days ago and have had issues with the default mapping for this controller.

If holding down SHIFT while using the JOG to enable searching through the track, upon releasing the shift button, the function is then never restored to use the JOG as they are supposed to be.
After testing a lot of diifferent ways to change the midimapping, this below seems to fix the issue entierly and return JOG functions back to normal once the SHIFT button is released on the controller and start using the JOG's again.

Go into SETTINGS -> CONTROLLER and change these midi mapping settings:
Function JOG TOUCH - touchwheel_touch & wheel_mode 'jog' while_pressed

Shouldnt the default midi mapping for the DDJ-WEGO be updated with this fix perhaps, since it seems incorrect from the beginning?

Inviato Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 12:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This can happen if you release the SHIFT prior releasing the Jogwheel.

Your proposal is a good workaround. Will see if this creates any other issues and will update mapping files.

Unfortunately, the SHIFT of the WegO doesnt send MIDI , so it cant be mapped to anything helpful.

Thanks for reporting

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 5:47 am
On my DDJ-WEGO, this issues occurs both if releasing the SHIFT prior or after releasing the Jogwheel. I guess it may vary on different setups if you have heard it only happens if SHIFT is released prior to releasing the jogwheel.

It does not do it every time the search function is used, but usually after 1-3 tries it got stuck in search mode.

So far this new midi-mapping written above has not caused me any issues, but since I'm very new at midi-mapping, there may be issues, but it seems to be working correctly with everything I've tried in VirtualDJ using the controller.

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 1:18 pm
There is still an issue; the fix above did solve it when touching the touch part of the platter, but when moving the rim, search mode is still engaged.
What would one need to use for midimapping if wanting to disengage searchmode entierly upon touching the touchwheel?

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 6:14 pm
I've redone the mapping again to a solution what seem to work better bypassing the search mode since there's issue with it with this controller.
This way it never engages the search mode, but as soon as touching SWITCH together with the JOG, it amplifies the command 800% basically turning it into search mode.
But as soon as releasing the SWITCH, it goes back to 100%

JOG - touchwheel
JOG_RIM - touchwheel
JOG_SEARCH - param_multiply 800% & touchwheel
JOG_SEARCH_RIM - param_multiply 800% & touchwheel
JOG_SEARCH_TOUCH - touchwheel_touch
JOG_TOUCH - touchwheel_touch

Inviato Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 8:30 pm
The Upgrade Firmware Solves Everyone's Problems 1.09

Inviato Wed 24 Jan 18 @ 2:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)