Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: very poor 1st beat detection in new bpm editor - almost every track needs changing

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

title says it all , hardly any of my tracks are bpm correct , seems the new version is worse than the last ... seems to pick up up the true beat on the small square in the waveform instead of the large square , leading to manually having to move every tracks cue point to get it in time ...

am i doing something wrong ?!

cheers

Inviato Wed 22 Feb 17 @ 4:00 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009

Inviato Thu 23 Feb 17 @ 1:58 am
thanks for the reply , really annoying problem though !

Inviato Fri 03 Mar 17 @ 9:28 pm
The new version has an updated beat detection algorithm, which is apparently much better. It has just been released for early access so should be available as a public build in next couple of weeks.

Inviato Fri 03 Mar 17 @ 9:54 pm
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Will we have to re analyze all of our tracks with the new build?

Inviato Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 4:32 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
To think i just scanned 100,000 files when I rebuilt my library - auggggg. :)

Inviato Sat 04 Mar 17 @ 5:45 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
ewitles wrote :
To think i just scanned 100,000 files when I rebuilt my library - auggggg. :)

If the cbg is fine then don't rescan, don't make work for yourself...

Inviato Sun 05 Mar 17 @ 2:00 am
Plus.... if one moved ones files from within VDJ, then VDJ would keep track of everything and one wouldn't have to rescan.

Inviato Sun 05 Mar 17 @ 4:23 pm
SerinePRO InfinityMember since 2013
I actually do think it's better, and the first-beat detection is one of the most improved features.. Certainly, it sometimes still has the problem where it detects 10ms before the beat and then adjusts for it by making the track BPM 0.010 slower.

A suggestion I would make: When the "First Beat" detection is finished, adjust the BPM to the nearest round number (to 3 decimal places) check to see how that lines up with the beginning of the track. If it is allllmost lined up with the first sound (above a tiny threshold), accept the rounding of the BPM and move the First Beat to line this up.

But yeah, definitely an improvement here, I'm really happy because I feel like the team listened to my comments and did something about it. I think this is a valuable feature for new customer retention and I look forward to helping more with it. I am marking all tracks which don't detect well in case anyone wants to look at them, but a lot of them seem to be having problems because they are complex waveforms rather than obvious issues with tempo or phase

Inviato Sun 05 Mar 17 @ 6:57 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)