Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ not opening after using thumb drive

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I recently bought some thumb drives to use for VDJ and had some unusual stuff happen. I cant figure out why. To test the thumb drive i copy and pasted a single mp3 song to the thumb drive to make sure it worked. opened VDJ and then looked at volumes on bottom. Clicked on thumb drive then dragged song. Song played perfect. no problems. (Ive used many thumb drives of various brands for years. Sometimes i even use a thumb drive when a singer want me to play their song)

Then i exit VDJ eject thumb. but then when i try to open VDJ afterwards it wont open any longer. Says its taking too long to open i have to force quit.

BUT then if i plug thumb in and open VDJ it opens fine. I have never had this happen, ive used thumb and external drives for years. i tried to roll back one build and same thing happened! BUT if i leave VDJ open, then eject thumb and then CLOSE VDJ it lets me re-open VDJ like normal.

is this an order sort of thing? Eject thumb drive 1st before closing VDJ?

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 10:06 pm
This is just a guess.....

The song you DRAG and play with no problem, did this song goto the Sidelist or Automix (playlist) list ? Is it sitting in any of those browser window when you exited VDJ ?

I don't know when VDJ added a feature about keeping the song in Playlist/Sidelist atomically when you exit of VDJ (a nifty feature I may add) but maybe this is your case that it's trying to look for that file and it's not there.

Then if you plug the Thumb Drive and fire up VDJ, it works again.

if that's the case, make sure the song is not sitting in any of the browser window list (Automix/Sidelist).

Give that a test to see how it goes.

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 10:17 pm
no it wasnt in my sidelist or automix. i just wanted to test the thumb out make sure it worked fine, even tried reformatting the thumb. Got same result.

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 10:26 pm
what version you using ?

just tried it and all is good.

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 10:39 pm
im on build 3573 using a macbook pro El Capitan v10.11.6

did you exit VDJ in a certain order or does it matter?

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 10:45 pm

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 10:55 pm
i found the solution/problem!!!!

not sure if VDJ did this on purpose or if its a glitch but see under “Volumes” SAMSUNG SSD” is my internal laptops name, Samsng1 is the thumb i just named it whatever doesn’t matter BUT if the thumb is the LAST volume you click on for some reason VDJ sends or leaves some data on the thumbs xml file of some sort. in a nutshell if you DON'T re-click the laptops internal volume it won’t open VDJ AT ALL! (well unless you have the thumb on hand!) THIS IS A SUPER DANGEROUS thing IMHO.

Inviato Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 11:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Cant reproduce.
If i have the Flash Drive Volume selected , close VirtualDJ, eject the Flash Drive and re-open, VDJ selects the very top folder instead ( "Local Music" in my case)

Does the Flash Drive have write/share permissions ?

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 12:30 am
yes it does, to further deepen the mystery the flash works fine on my Macbook air (cant reproduce on my macbook air)

heres another thing i noticed... on my macbook pro when i eject the flash drive its warm/hotter to the touch... have no clue if thats relevant but thought it was unusual

Inviato Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 1:48 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)