Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: ASIO Latency settings

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ASIO soundcard latency setting experts please help. I'm having this problem in both vdj 8 and 7 Pro. I've been using an external sound card to typical DJ analog mixer for years with no problems. I recently made the leap with American Audio 19mxr 19 inch rack mount mixer controller combo with built-in soundcard. A perfect fit for me. I had hoped it would be a simple Plug and Play device I'm finding out it's everything But.

I am experiencing intermittent distortion on any given track for approximately 15 to 30 seconds in length. I can only describe it by saying it's like a synthesized flange very Poppy and crackY. This is not a distortion that's associated with gain level or a filter or sound effect that's unknowingly turned on. I have toyed with every single latency setting associated with this sound card within Vdj. As soon as I change a latency setting the problem immediately goes away but unfortunately returns at some point during the playback. I've tried Auto, safe mode and every other setting.

Is this a vdj problem or a problem with the sound card in this mixer? At this point I'm ready to go back to analog.

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 1:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you are using ASIO drivers in your Audio setup, then the latency in VirtualDJ Settings should be left to Automatic (reset the setting to its default value). The latency needs to be adjusted from the ASIO Utility/panel that the driver offers.
Setting the latency to a higher value can resolve such issues in most of the cases, but the best option is to spend some time and optimize your computer for best performance... http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/PC%20Optimize.html

If for any reason you cant resolve the issue with the above, then a solution could be to use the WASAPI drivers instead of the ASIO, but in some cases, not all inputs/outputs will be available and the unit may not work as expected. As far as i recall, the MXR series fall into this case.

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 4:18 pm
I've tried everything except the other driver you mentioned. It comes with asio 1.22. I've adjusted latency at the soundcard driver as well. Power supply, background programs, anti virus, usb cable, power saving features, battery verses power cord. Spent some time on phone with American Audio tech support to brainstorm. I have not one but 3 separate laptops doing exactly the same thing. Think I'm going to send it to American Audio and have them look at it and put the ol trusty analog mixer back in the rack with the external sound card.Frustrating.

Inviato Wed 15 Mar 17 @ 9:46 pm
I had some crackling problems and setting the default sound driver for windows to the internal sound card seemed to do the trick. Im guessing windows was competing with VDJ for the sound card. Granted I didn't have issues for 15-30 seconds at a time, but just wanted to throw it out there.

Inviato Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 2:16 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)