Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pulselocker - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
A Pulselocker plugin has just been added to the latest VDJ release !
We need a unified approach to music streaming across the whole music industry.
Maybe they are starting to realize that DJ's need the same access to songs as your average person with a mobile phone.

Inviato Sun 02 Apr 17 @ 12:42 pm
There is a 2 week free offer on Pulselocker.
I wonder if it's a winner?
I might be able to use it tonight!

Inviato Sun 02 Apr 17 @ 2:08 pm
Well good luck with that! Let us know if it's improved any since launch.

When I tried it, the search was about as useful as an iron on a shower curtain.

Inviato Sun 02 Apr 17 @ 2:19 pm
lol

I was just looking for Pulselocker reviews..you got there first!

I live in hope.

Inviato Sun 02 Apr 17 @ 2:22 pm

Inviato Sun 02 Apr 17 @ 2:35 pm
The Pulselocker plugin has worked well and I have cached content. No problem with the search function so the question now becomes how comprehensive is the library?
It might cost too much for too little at the moment, but it must be the future...it will keep on improving.

I think this is the important one, it's legal, and it will have broad support from the music industry.
We should see an end to the legal battles.

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 3:39 pm
I still don't see this as a permanent solution though Ron.

Call me old fashioned whatever but I still think having the physical media files is the way to go for a working DJ.

A lot of people are now using subscription for books, films, TV shows and music, and of course they are all heavily DRM encoded. Remember all the shit that flew when Grooveshark went down and loads of VDJ subscribers were left on the poo poo. Same thing can happen with any of these services (paid for or not) and I'm personally not willing to take the chance.

It's nice being able to stream the odd track from Spotify or Deezer if needed and I have web access but my customers pay me to have a full collection of music for the gig and that's what I will have. On my hard drive.

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 4:04 pm
Yep..I agree that a DJ needs a large library of his own.
These streaming services should only supplement a DJ library so that the Spotify / mobile phone customers demands can be meet.

It's almost intolerable that a customer who spends little should have better access to music than a DJ who spends a great deal.

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 4:18 pm
It's very good for Bruno Mars, average for Abba. and poor for the Beatles.

Hm it's good for Ed Sheeran.
I searched for "Ed Sheeran" and never saw Galway Girl..but then I searched "Ed Sheeran Galway Girl" and that worked?

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 4:28 pm
Don't even mention Ed Sheeran. I'm sick of him.

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 4:35 pm
I think he's great.
He has made a refreshing change to the normal trash content of the UK charts and has 5 songs in the current UK top 10 LOL LOL LOL LOL ROFWL !

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 4:39 pm
I think they should change the name of the singles chart to The UK Top Ed Sheeran And Drake Album Tracks Chart.

Last year had the lowest turnover of number ones ever. I think this year might be worse.

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 4:42 pm
It has got a bit silly. Anyway Drake has been pushed out by Ed !

I'll do a Drake search.

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 4:45 pm
It's not bad but you need to search for the artist and song.
Searching for just the artist misses a lot of songs.
Hm..it's worth checking for the Beatles again but this time searching for the song as well.

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 4:51 pm
....and they're the real deal - not cover versions or karaoke tracks?

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 4:55 pm
Seems to be, also there are lots of remixes, and bits and bobs, but overall it seems quite good.

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 4:59 pm
How's the Motown? Last time I tried, it was almost non existent (the genuine artists).

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 5:02 pm
Searching for "My Guy Mary Wells" returns 50 odd versions which only differ by song length.
Seems to be a lot of rubbish.
I've just got the original version length and key.
I should find a good one but it's messy.

Trouble..I got "Request attempted to many times"
What are they like..they gave me 50 versions which I don't doubt included a good one, but won't give me the time to sort things out. Stupid.

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 5:17 pm
It's a mess isn't it?

I don't understand why sites (not just Pulselocker) have X versions of the same track clogging up their database. Just have one original version listed and be done with it.

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 5:32 pm
I had to restart vdj to get it working and found a good version straight away using the song length.

Some time later... I got one song.

It still might be handy because the song can be cached, but who would pay $20 a month to mess about?
I think they will clean up their data base in due course.

Inviato Mon 03 Apr 17 @ 5:33 pm
63%