Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Eliminate Duplicates from Virtual Folders

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi folks. I am wondering if this can be done without going through it manually. I know that the Remove Duplicates feature of VDJ only works with entries pointing to the exact same file. What I would like is a means of taking a Virtual Folder which has many entries for the same song, but pointing to different copies, and remove all but one entry.

I use several music services that provide music to me monthly. Even within one service sometimes duplicates will be sent over time.

If I can't use a process to delete duplicates from the Virtual Folders, does anyone know a tool that will analyze my entire hard drive of music and allow me to physically delete duplicates using a GUI interface?

I have close to 150,000 songs now but if I eliminated all but one copy of each song I could reduce that count drastically.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

Inviato Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 6:32 pm
why not create a Filter Folder Duplicates

This will list all duplicates (same EXACT FILENAME) and manually delete the ones you don't want. Then do a Clean Database

Inviato Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 7:54 pm
How do I specify the filter for that?

Inviato Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 7:58 pm

Inviato Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 8:03 pm
Call it Duplicates (OR ANYTHING YOU LIKE) then just type for command DUPLICATES

of course this will only work if you ADD your collections to the Database and exact filenaming

Inviato Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 8:11 pm
Thank you. I thought I deleted the question about what type of folder before anyone read it LOL.

Appreciate the help.

Inviato Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 8:16 pm
If you are on a MAC or older Windows version you are in luck.
The guys over at hardcoded.net has great free software called DUPEGURU. Uses fuzzy logic to help you clean up the mess. You need fuzzy because the same song may be named slightly differently.

Happy house cleaning!

*good people over at hardcoded<

Inviato Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 8:16 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)