Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Master Gain Knob not working?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ThelemaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hey.

I'm using a Mixtrack Pro 2, and I just notice that the master gain knob isn't doing anything. Controller settings are set to "master_volume". Am I missing something?

A second question: sometimes, when I press any FX button to turn the selected effect off, it seems to freeze the track as if it's looped at 1/16. It does this for about 2 or 3 seconds, and then it keeps playing. What seems to be doing this?

Inviato Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 1:04 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
and all these happen with the factory default mapping ?

Audio setup should be set as Master & Headphones.

When you move the Master Volume knob on the Mixtrack, does the Master Volume knob on the screen follow ?

About your second question: Does this happen when specific effects are selected/triggered (and which ones) ?
Such a behavior occurs when for some reason the sound card fails to connect (waveform stutters - but no sound in this case). Can you see if the same happens if you use the skin buttons to disable the effects ? There may be some hardware failure while those buttons are pressed that could lead to temporary disconnection.
As a precaution measure, i would advise to make sure the sound card of the Mixtrack is not the default playback device for your Operating system.
Also choose the "Configure" button from the same Sound window and set the Mixtrack to 4 speakers (quadraphonic)

Inviato Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 8:29 am
djdad wrote :
and all these happen with the factory default mapping ?

I've changed a few mappings here and there, but they shouldn't cause this problem. I just plugged it into my desktop (was testing this on my laptop) and it doesn't work either. Maybe it's a problem with the controller?

Audio setup should be set as Master & Headphones.

When you move the Master Volume knob on the Mixtrack, does the Master Volume knob on the screen follow ?

Yes, which confuses me.

About your second question: Does this happen when specific effects are selected/triggered (and which ones) ?

I think this might have been a problem with the EchoDoppler specifically.

Such a behavior occurs when for some reason the sound card fails to connect (waveform stutters - but no sound in this case). Can you see if the same happens if you use the skin buttons to disable the effects ? There may be some hardware failure while those buttons are pressed that could lead to temporary disconnection.
As a precaution measure, i would advise to make sure the sound card of the Mixtrack is not the default playback device for your Operating system.
Also choose the "Configure" button from the same Sound window and set the Mixtrack to 4 speakers (quadraphonic)

I've been testing it on a different USB port and it seems to be fine. I think it was randomly disconnecting when plugged into the other USB port. Hope that was all it needed. By the way, it is setto Quadrophonic, but the two volume icons on top aren't giving me any sound.

Inviato Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 2:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Get a new USB cable and use it in case it does it again. Most of the times its the cable and not the port.

Thelema wrote :
... it is set to Quadrophonic, but the two volume icons on top aren't giving me any sound.

2 of the speakers should output sound to speakers connected to the Master Output of the Mixtrack.
the other 2 should output sound to Headphones connected to the Headphones socket of the Mixtrack.

Inviato Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 5:27 pm
Still having the 'hang' problem where the track's playing just fine and then it freezes as though it's stuck on a 1/32 loop or something. If I unplug the controller and plug it back in, it goes back to normal. Other times the controller simply stops responding, and most of its lights go out. Could this be a problem with the actual USB cable and not the laptop's ports? I don't remember this happening on my desktop, just my laptop.

Inviato Thu 29 Jun 17 @ 3:30 am
That's USB disconnection. Most likely your laptop can't provide enough power on the controller.
Try to use an active USB hub

Inviato Thu 29 Jun 17 @ 8:33 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)