Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: mapping freestyler to songs in virtual dj

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

First let me say thanks for all the stuff im reading in here. lots of new ideas and concepts. I was wondering if i can link a song to a light show and then have it load when the song is loaded so it does all the work after I spend huge time programing it to my 40 lights. Am i still dreaming or is there a way? p.s im not talking cue points.

Inviato Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 6:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :
.... after I spend huge time programing it to my 40 lights. ..
Does Freestyler offer this ? "map" a specific track and trigger cue/scenes at specific track's positions ??

tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :
..p.s im not talking cue points.
I am afraid that's the only way you can trigger Freestyler sequences/cues via VirtualDJ

Inviato Tue 27 Jun 17 @ 8:46 am
I get the idea of this request - right now we have the amazing Freestyler plugin from SBDJ - but as the original suggestion says - you need to mess around with cue points in VDJ to automate a lightshow with a track.

I can see all the ingredients with VDJ and the Freestyler plugin now to do a really nice script - just haven't had the time to do it.

Basically it would be awesome to have a pad set covering the Freestyler Cue Buttons (16 of them) and the Freestyler Cue Button Page tabs. I have this set up on a Novation SL Zero II to control my light rig during gigs (which talks direct to Freestyler via Midi, with VDJ providing the sync, but it would be awesome to be able to hit pads as a song is playing and "record" the Freestyler cues in the track (at the moment you need to do swag of manual editing of cue points in VDJ).

The Freestyler cue button mapping (cue buttons and cue button page selection) is a standard config for Freestyler - ie it would be the same for all users. The programs on each cue would be the users own light programs.

Maybe someone out there has already set this up in VDJ to work with Freestyler ?

For those that have messed around with light rigs - a sync'd, programmed light show is a cracking addition to a performance (it sure beats a bunch of lights running in sound detection auto mode) - there are so many pretty capable DMX light fixtures to get access to these days.

Inviato Mon 10 Jul 17 @ 1:37 pm
I have been working on something like this (for my own projects).. could probably be implemented into the SBDJ Plugin i guess.

Basically what i was after (and managed to do so) were 2 things..
- Control both Freestyler and VirtualDJ from the same controller (AKAI APC Mini in my case). Before, i had to choose which application the controller will be assigned to. So, now i can have half of the unit to control Freestyler and the other half to control VDJ.

- Have the ability to use RGB colors when triggering a cue from Freestyler (Freestyler only sends on/off 00/7F, - no velocity, so no colors on the RGB pads). With this Plugin, i can use effect_button X actions to trigger anything i want to Freestyler, also get feedback (e.g. trigger something with mouse from Freestyler, the effect_button in the Plugin lights up), read the names of the Cues/Override buttons etc within the Plugin and of course even assign my Pads to trigger anything from the effect_buttons.

Inviato Mon 10 Jul 17 @ 5:02 pm
Very nice ! - is it possible to automatically record POIs on the track playing in VDJ when the freestyler buttons you implemented are pushed ? If so - that goes a long way to achieving a pretty big step in freestyler control from VDJ

Inviato Mon 10 Jul 17 @ 10:27 pm
could probably do that. Will give it a try and let u know.

Inviato Mon 10 Jul 17 @ 11:03 pm
This is better then Christmas. I can see it now. just set the record button to be controller for free styler. then play songs and then press buttons to run cues that save them to each song. This was just a idea its brillant as once its set to the song . I could turn off the record freestyler and use the controller as it was mapped before.. Wow wee, brilliant.. I never thought about that.. will be awesome as I would love to come do it on a day off then have it saved. Once its saved I will change the color of the name of the song so I know its mapped .. You are genius's ! Thanks for making me not look crazy.

Inviato Wed 12 Jul 17 @ 4:51 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)