Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Broadcast issues VDJ8.2 + VMS5.0

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi, Ive been radio broadcasting for a long time, but have previously connected to the broadcast server through a third party program on a seperate computer to my VDJ laptop.

Ive purchased a American Audio VMS5.0 and have moved up to VDJ8.2.

i can connect to the broadcast server from VDJ, and send the VDJ audio with no issue, however, the Mic (which is input via the VMS5.0) does not send to broadcast.

If i listen to the MIx output in my headphones, the Mic is there in the mix.

what am i doing wrong??!

Inviato Wed 28 Jun 17 @ 11:32 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Mic is "hardware", is not part of the USB Audio interface of the VMS5, so cannot be used in a Audio setup, nor can be recorded/broadcasted. So forget the "mic" line.
Give this setup a try
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/americanaudio/vms5/advanced/record.html

If this doesnt work you will need to ..
- Connect the Master Output (or Booth) of the VMS5 with the Line In (Mic In) of a different sound card (e.g. your computer's builtin) using proper cables
- For Audio setup... keep the deck 1 to deck 4 audio setup as per the link above , and use the sound card that you connected the LineIn/MicIn for the "record" line instead of the VMS5

One other way is to connect your Microphone to the Mic Input of your computer's built-in sound card and have a "mic" line using the builtin soundcard instead of the VMS5. In this case, you will probably get much more latency (delay in Mic) compared to the above 2.

Inviato Wed 28 Jun 17 @ 11:38 am
thanks for the prompt response.

makes sense, although i dont really get why, if a controller has a mic input on it, why is that signal not introduced into the final output of VDJ to broadcast? surely that would make sense?

Inviato Wed 28 Jun 17 @ 11:55 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Because the mic signal does not go "into" VDJ.
It is directly routed by the hardware from Mic-Input to the output of the controller.

That is why you need to loop the master signal back into your PC and tell VDJ that it should use that signal to broadcast.

Inviato Wed 28 Jun 17 @ 12:33 pm
Like this? - tghis shows a signal at my IDT soundcard coming from VDJ. will Broadcast pick this up as the place to recieve its signal?

Inviato Wed 28 Jun 17 @ 5:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sorry, my bad... with "mic" in the original audio setup (deck 1,2,3,4) VDJ will record/broadcast the Microphone connected to the sound card you pointed, but not your mix, or at least not correctly.

So better try the one you see in the Manual (link i gave you above) without any "mic" line and Mic connected to VMS5.
BTW, the "record" line is under the "Inputs" lines, just like your "mic". The pic in the manual is from an older Build where outputs and inputs were in the same block.

Inviato Wed 28 Jun 17 @ 6:21 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)