Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: huge problem with my database

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Dear all

I use Virtualdj for years now. I have the pro edition.
Today i was copying some songs from my mac to a hard disk. After i finished my job, i shut down the mac and left. Now i open again the mac, and i see....huge disaster!!! almost all my cue points and other info are missing!!! I plugged in the hard disk i was working with, and it creates itself on my vdj another folder name playlist, and cue points are there!!!! when i unpluged the disk, AGAIN MISSING EVERYTHING!!!
what is happening??? i feel very bad!!!:( my virtual dj is working only when i plug the hard disk on:( :(
PLEEEEEASE HELP:(

Inviato Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 2:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Did you copy or move the files ?
Did u do this inside VirtualDJ (using the File Operations actions of the right-click menu) ?

Inviato Fri 30 Jun 17 @ 6:07 pm
my fault it was that i didnt copy the files through vdj. i just copied them into the external disk.
That was frustrating. Finally, i found a middle solution and i copied back the songs from external disk to mac. and i added to searched database, and most of the cue points now are working... i dont know why some of them still are not working, but at least is not a disaster
i think this is something that vdj programmers have to pay attention too...its too complicated for persons with not such high experience on macs/ pcs etc...

Inviato Sat 01 Jul 17 @ 12:47 pm
But if you move the files, how do you expect VDJ database to find them?

It's like letting someone else park your car and not telling you where it is.

Inviato Sat 01 Jul 17 @ 6:26 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)