Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can ANYONE Answer This Question On "Bleed Over" For Me??

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have what should be a very simple problem to fix. I've asked numerous sound guys and some other DJ's, with no answers. Help would most appreciated!
Here it is:
I have a very basic system. Virtual DJ out of my laptop and into two lines (Line1 and Line 3) on a six-line mixer.
I connect through the headset output; into a splitter connector; then the two lines (Two cables - Right and Left) out of that splitter into the mixer.
I'm having a problem with a bleed over from one line to another - some call it "back feed".
For example: When I start a song on Line 3 while one is playing on Line 1, and turn Line 1 completely down (off), on the mixer, the song that is still playing on Line 1 can be heard. It's muffled, but very noticeable - especially the drums and bass line . It's sort of "underneath" even though the line is turned all the way down.
The only way to override it is by stopping the song on Virtual DJ.
Any help - thoughts - suggestions? All would be appreciated!

Inviato Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 4:55 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Technically there can be a little cross-channel bleed between left and right channels, but practically on any modern output this should be negligible.
So I would suspect the suspects to be the splitter or other cables/connectors used.

Btw, a proper 5.1 soundcard with 3 stereo outputs can be found on ebay/aliexpress/amazon for only a few dollars, so it might be worth to upgrade to that instead of using a splitted mono signal :)

Inviato Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 5:23 am
Thanks, Adion. (I'm watching this forum closely!)
I'm going to admit right now that I am extremely lo-tech, and I wouldn't know what to do with a 5.1 soundcard (only $18!) if I bought one.
I've tried trading out the splitter and the cables for the best I could find. No help there.
Maybe you, or someone else, could recommend exactly the best cables for the configuration that I use.
Balanced? Unbalanced? Gold? Shielded - not shielded?
The frustrating part of this is that for many years I never had this problem arise, coming out of an old PCDJ into my laptop with the same exact cable configuration.
I guess I'm just hoping someone else has had the same problem, and can pass along how they fixed it.
Your response was appreciated. Thank you!

Inviato Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 6:05 am
Stereo separation can be a b*tch some times...
As Adion said while most soundcards today should have a quite solid stereo separation, there are many factors that can affect that.

First of all check your Windows Sound Control Panel and DISABLE all effects that may be running. Also, depending on your laptop brand, check for any special "audio utilities" software and disable effects there as well.

If you still have stereo signal separation issues after that then the best (and cheaper) solution is to get another soundcard...

Inviato Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 6:23 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you have a multi-channel sound card like this ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-6-Channel-5-1-Audio-External-Optical-Sound-Card-Adapter-For-PC-Laptop-LE-/162529888351?hash=item25d789485f:g:1okAAOSwJb9WrI7s )
You would be able to connect the output labeled 'front' to one channel on your mixer, and the output labeled 'rear' to another channel on your mixer.
In VDJ, instead of having deck 1 to channel 1 (mono) and deck 2 to channel 2 (mono), you would configure it to send deck 1 to channel 1/2 and deck 2 to channel 3/4.

Inviato Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 6:34 am
SIMPLY THE BEST!! Thank U all the way from SOUTH-AFRICA.
I am SO thankful to Have VIRTUAL-DJ Your products is easy to use and quick to learn and WOW WOW WOW all the extra features has blown me over.. You guys ROCK seriously you thought of all the logistics and I didn't expect the Features I got....it has a HEART....I was crossing over from old school and new tec.wow what an amazing transformation - i was sceptical at first now you NAILED IT!!10/10 To the Design TEAM!!!!!
And I would recommend it to everyone. Cant wait to DJ my next SET with MY Virtual dj by my side!!! I recently bought -DJ PRO8-I am mixing like a PRO should LOL FU*&^ maybe even better!! I Bought a stunning controller that came free with SER*@# I have to say I did try it and VIRTUAL dj win hands DOWN. I am 20 years in the mix and I am just wanted to give you guys a IBIG FAT KISS YOU ARE THE ROLLS ROYS AND THE "BENTLEY "S IN THE DJ INDUSTRY)-cross over to Digital. WAS BLISS ....Keep the music on! LOve Hugs xxx DJSHAWN

Inviato Thu 27 Jul 17 @ 1:14 pm
the cross talk could be within the laptop, so I would suggest an external soundcard.

and like others have said, make sure all effects are turned off for your sound card

Inviato Fri 28 Jul 17 @ 1:39 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)