Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Help with connecting my NUMARK mixer to vdj

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

FocmiHome userMember since 2013
Hello everyone,

I'm new on this forum, and I want to ask for help with connecting my mixer.
note: I just want to get this done so that I can be able to practice at home with this setup im about to tell you.

I do music production and have never played music live, so I decided that it is about time I get involved into dj-ing.
I downloaded the virtual dj 8 software, and I want to set it up with my mixer. I have NUMARK dm1050 mixer, a Scarlett Focusrite 2i4 interface, and a pair of JBL LSR305 studio monitors (which are already connected through my 2i4 interface with JACK's on the back panel of the 2i4). So im left with 4 free RCA slots on the 2i4 (2 per channel)

Here is the problem:
I tried connecting 2 pairs of RCA cables, where I went from channel 1 from the mixer to the 1/2 RCA outputs on the 2i4, and channel 2 from mixer to 3/4 RCA outputs on 2i4.
So I load a track on track 1, press play. Sound gets through the speakers, but I see no action on my numark meter.
I'm missing something ?

Inviato Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 8:32 pm
First you need to set up the 2i4 outputs in VDJ's sound config.

Set VDJ to 'external mixer' so that one VDJ deck feeds outputs 1+2 of the 2i4 and the other feeds outputs 3+4.

Your RCA cables from the 2i4 to the Numark are fine as they are (assuming they're connected to line ins, not phono/turntable).

Connect your speakers to the master output of the Numark - not the 2i4.

Inviato Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 9:03 pm
Hey thanks for quick reply!

Okay so I connected the RCA's, and I wanted to check for response on mixer vu's when playing tracks from the decks. When I play track on right deck in VDJ, I get both L and R as well as CUE response in the VU meters on the mixer.
But when I play on deck one, for some reason, I don't see anything flashing on mixer, like there's no audio I guess. (nothing passes on vu meter) This rings a bell? Not sure why is that...

And yes, additionally, not sure if u checked for the inputs on my JBL monitors, but they don't have the RCA ones. Only TRS and XLR ones. Everything being said, do I need some kind of converters for this? Could It be a problem If I use converters for my monitors? They are active studio monitors... Have to ask, I'm new to these hardware connections :/.
Cheers!

Inviato Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 9:33 pm
Did you do this part?

Quote :
Set VDJ to 'external mixer' so that one VDJ deck feeds outputs 1+2 of the 2i4 and the other feeds outputs 3+4.

Please post a screen grab (PrtScrn) of your VDJ audio settings.

Inviato Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 4:25 pm

Inviato Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 10:06 pm
see the warning message ... analog mixer license needed that's probably why it doesn't work :-)

you will only get 10 minutes test time with the software before u have to close and reopen it.

Inviato Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 10:53 pm
What doesnt work?
I have vu signal coming on the mixer from the right deck, just didnt managed yet to set up the speakers to the mixer so i can hear the actual sound.

Inviato Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 11:00 pm
Do you mean thats why the deck 1 is not working?

Inviato Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 11:20 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)