Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Strange one - When VDJ8 is running, Youtube will not play video??
Ok been having this issue for a while now and yes its a bit of a strange one.

If VDJ8 is running (doesn't have to playing anything, just launched) if I open an youtube page, no videos will playback. I just get a grey screen in the video that an error has occurred. close out VDJ and it works again straight away? you do not even have to close out the web browser, just close out VDJ.

Anyone else seen this issue or can check?

Before anyone asks I have already rebuilt the laptop and have installed VDJ on a backup laptop (both are Lenovo laptops running win7) and the issue is the same.

Thanks
Mel

Inviato Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 10:14 am
Mr DJ Mel wrote :
Ok been having this issue for a while now and yes its a bit of a strange one.

If VDJ8 is running (doesn't have to playing anything, just launched) if I open an youtube page, no videos will playback. I just get a grey screen in the video that an error has occurred. close out VDJ and it works again straight away? you do not even have to close out the web browser, just close out VDJ.

Anyone else seen this issue or can check?

Before anyone asks I have already rebuilt the laptop and have installed VDJ on a backup laptop (both are Lenovo laptops running win7) and the issue is the same.

Thanks
Mel

My guess is that they are fighting over exclusive rights to your soundcard

Inviato Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 10:20 am
I'm thinking the same thing, I was thinking of changing the option, but thought that VDJ had to be set that way?

Inviato Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 10:34 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
On PC, for the audio device to work in VDJ and in other programs, make sure exclusiveAudioAccess is set to no, and in audio config make sure the device is using WASAPI instead of ASIO drivers.
Also note that it will depend on the device if WASAPI works with all channels. (For some devices it does, for others it only offers master output, but no headphone output or additional deck outputs)

Inviato Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 10:38 am
Thanks Adion for the reply.

Its seems to happen regardless of the soundcard setting in VDJ, as it does it with my XDJ-RX connected or not and just running in internal soundcard mode?

Inviato Fri 25 Aug 17 @ 11:04 am
Please look in options, audio, exclusiveAudioAccess should be set to no, as stated in above post. The default setting in sound playback in Windows should be set to your internal soundcard.

Inviato Sat 26 Aug 17 @ 6:18 am
Gotcha - will give that a go and let you know.

Inviato Tue 29 Aug 17 @ 12:55 pm
This worked a treat guys - thanks problem now solved!

Inviato Thu 07 Sep 17 @ 8:40 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Please look in options, audio, exclusiveAudioAccess should be set to no, as stated in above post. The default setting in sound playback in Windows should be set to your internal soundcard.

Inviato Fri 14 Oct 22 @ 9:48 am