Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Timecode CD pitch not accurate? - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Thanks for your suggestion. I just tested with all the pitchquality settings (0,1,2,3), but there's no change.

Inviato Sat 02 Sep 17 @ 9:10 am
Real_VDJ wrote :
Thanks for your suggestion. I just tested with all the pitchquality settings (0,1,2,3), but there's no change.

Ok, it was just a thought :-)

Inviato Sat 02 Sep 17 @ 9:26 am
FYI: I just tested the new Early Access build 3889 ("Fix timecode pitch readout off sometimes"), it looks like it's much better now, but the readout still isn't 100% correct.

I'm glad you're working on a fix, thanks. :-)

Inviato Sat 09 Sep 17 @ 6:52 am
Well I finally got around to updating my machines last night and yes the pitch is much better even with the vinyl.

Inviato Tue 12 Sep 17 @ 5:54 am
Hello Adion, VDJ-team

I just tested the latest EarlyAcces build 3903, as I said before the timecode accuracy seems much better, but I feel it could still need some improvement.

I just tested 3 different timecode CD's (VDJ7,VDJ8 and Serato) and each have (more or less) the same issue. For instance, when my timecode plays at +0,35%, VirtualDJ plays at around +0,58%. Which in my opinion is a big difference.

I think this will have an effect on pitch bends/adjustments and it also means that the pitch increment is not always the same (for instance 0,05% increase with timecode will sometimes be a smaller or larger increment in VDJ. So small timecode pitch changes can either make a big difference in the VDJ pitch, or hardly any change at all. Which can be very frustrating when mixing)

Am I being too picky here? To me personally this is very annoying.

And I repeat myself, this issue did NOT occur with the very first VDJ8 build, the pitch was PERFECTLY in line with this build. So something went wrong along the way.

Thanks for any feedback.

Inviato Wed 20 Sep 17 @ 8:07 pm
im having a similar problem with my turntables theres a delay when moving the pitch on turntables and the time that it takes for vdj to respond , like 2 seconds

Inviato Wed 04 Oct 17 @ 7:52 am
Real_VDJ wrote :
FYI: I just tested the new Early Access build 3889 ("Fix timecode pitch readout off sometimes"), it looks like it's much better now, but the readout still isn't 100% correct.

I'm glad you're working on a fix, thanks. :-)

where is that build ?? i only see 3870

Inviato Wed 04 Oct 17 @ 7:54 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Inviato Wed 04 Oct 17 @ 8:38 am
thnak you a installed it , but still same thing

Inviato Wed 04 Oct 17 @ 8:50 am
I think your problem is a different problem. If you change the "timecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend" setting in Options, I think it should be fixed for you.

Inviato Wed 04 Oct 17 @ 11:50 am
Nab73 wrote :
im having a similar problem with my turntables theres a delay when moving the pitch on turntables and the time that it takes for vdj to respond , like 2 seconds

But the sound changes immediately so it doesn't really matter what's on the screen does it??

Inviato Wed 04 Oct 17 @ 12:46 pm
in my case it doesnt,theres a delay in sound it takes like 2 seconds to respond, this happens when i move the pitch (turntables) bery quik, if i move it slowly vdj kind of catches up , not exactly acurrate.

Inviato Wed 04 Oct 17 @ 4:44 pm
Nab73 wrote :
in my case it doesnt,theres a delay in sound it takes like 2 seconds to respond, this happens when i move the pitch (turntables) bery quik, if i move it slowly vdj kind of catches up , not exactly acurrate.

Ok then yes I agree this is a real problem but not like the OP's problem.

Maybe start a different thread so things don't get confusing here.

Inviato Wed 04 Oct 17 @ 6:41 pm
I can confirm the delay, maybe less than 1 sec, the pitch response is quicker in serato dj.
I have latency set in 112 samples, maybe you can try and lower your latency.

Inviato Wed 04 Oct 17 @ 8:07 pm
im sure this isnt how it supposed to be

Inviato Thu 05 Oct 17 @ 3:40 am
nogasiPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I join the problem, with my rp8000 reloop there is too much delay.

Inviato Sun 15 Oct 17 @ 5:55 pm
the only way to have a serato like pitch response is setting the "pitch quality" to -2, then you can can move the pitch on the turntable or cdj, and have that instant pitch drift in sound when doing quick pitch drifts from -8% to 0% to +8% or more,...but then we wont have master tempo/keylock.
the response in serato in sound and BPM% is like instant, VDJ8 takes like a second with pitch 2 or 3, if set to 0 is better but takes more CPU, pitch quality set to -1 or -2 there is zero vinyl sticker drift(relative) and instant pitch drifts but no keylock/master tempo.

Inviato Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 9:22 pm
That might all be true, but this topic isn't about response time or delay. It's about a CORRECT pitch of the timecode. And it looks like this is still not the case.

Is the developer team still looking into this issue? Let me know if you need any info from my side.

Inviato Thu 26 Oct 17 @ 9:33 am
Hello Adion

I hate to repeat myself, but apparently this still isn't completely fixed. The accuracy of the pitch could be SO much better.

Which also bothers me, whenever I play a timecode CD at a specific pitch (let's say +1,50% on my CDJ, which should correspond with 1,50% in VirtualDJ), and start playing around with the pitch slider on my CDJ for a few seconds, and then I return to +1,50%, the corresponding pitch in VirtualDJ is usally a little bit off in VirtualDJ (for instance 1,45% or 1,55%).

Is there no more room for improvement? It really bothers me, because in DJDecks, it was ALWAYS 100% perfect. So I don't understand why it's not possible in VDJ... :(

Inviato Tue 17 Apr 18 @ 8:44 pm
Hi i was having the same problem , i set quelity pitch to -2 now its a little bit better, but now im getting this woble sound now , seems like vdj wasnt meant to be used with turntables

Hercules RMX2
Technics 1200 mk2
traktor Vinyl

Inviato Tue 01 May 18 @ 3:14 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)