Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sound distortion issues with VDJ - Page: 3

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

baz727PRO InfinityMember since 2013
Just happened to me at home !

Using VDJ8 MC6000 MK2 on Windows 10. Closed VDJ down - re-opened & works OK.

Just checked the ASIO MC6000 settings & the buffer size is 512 samples.

Anything else I should amend ?

Inviato Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 11:38 am
I was thinking Klaus' latency suggestion was a highly likely cause. Being on an Apple, many resource issues that can crop up with cheap Windows builds are most likely not applicable.

{Edit} This seems to not be OS specific. Just tossing out ideas, here... Thinking background applications/processes trying to run and interrupting the communications to the sound interface. AMD vs nVidia GPUs... RealTek vs Conexant audio interface...

BertFM wrote :
Sometimes, after 2 or 3 hours of use, sound starts getting distorted. Not very heavy at first, but after a while (1 song maybe) it gets up to the point that music is barely recognizable. ...
I'm currently running VDJ 8.2 b3848, with a Mac OS 10.11 version.

Any thoughts of what could it be? I'm doing some test (playing a super-long automix waiting for the sound to appear and see what happens) but no results yet.

Inviato Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 10:34 pm
Had the same issue with the Pioneer ddj1000... It started with a little distortion after a few hours off play.. Same problem on both computers win 7 pro and win 10 home
with the newest version off vdj8 pro... The Pioneer ddj1000 controller is born with the latency settings 5ms 256 samples, with that standart setting, it dosent run flawless on my computers.... I have raised the setting to 11,6 ms and 512 samples, and now it runs perfect without any distortion..... I have also crash tested my computers, while running vdj8.... Still it runs rock solid on both computers :)

What os should i go for ? Win 7 pro or Win 10

Cheers

Inviato Thu 04 Oct 18 @ 8:13 pm
kjeldgaard83, my general path is to go with the newest OS that was available before the device manufacturer stopped supporting the device in question. For the Pioneer DDJ 1000, the drivers are still being released and the device seems to be still supported. Pioneer claims upgrading the firmware will improve performance... https://www.pioneerdj.com/en-us/support/software/controller/ddj-1000/ - That is aside from the drivers.
. In your case, I'd go with Windows 10... as long as your computer is not more than a few years old. Windows 7 is no longer supported, so Internet connectivity can be risky.

baz727 - The Denon MC6000 MK2 has a latest firmware update, but I can't tell when it was released... https://denondj.com/products/view/mc6000mk2 - Worth a try.

This does seem like an ASIO driver issue with the OS, to me. More obscure things to check... Are the USB ports set to selective suspend in the advanced power settings? That should be disabled. USB ports are generally loaded in pairs, on desktops... depends on the laptop. If you have two USB ports next to each other, what is in the other USB port? Some things to investigate.

Inviato Thu 04 Oct 18 @ 10:57 pm
Hi again

Back once again with the same problem.... After 2-3 hours play at the Ddj 1000 controller, suddenly it starts to distort... The distortion and clipping is permanent...

Things that i have checked under the problem: Changed the latency setting up and down.... Diddent worked... then i changed the driver to wasapi.... Diddent work either..
My specs are way above the requirements for this controller... I get same results on my Win 7 pro pc, and same results on my win 10 pc..... I think the problem started with the new build b4591-4592..... I ran a wedding gig date 15-9-2018 with the controller on my win 10 system, and there was no problem....

Status: Now im checking an older build b4204 with the controller, maybe it works ??? i Played a gig last night on my Denon Mc6000mk2 win7 pro B4204, Had Zero issues

Inviato Sat 06 Oct 18 @ 8:23 am
Please do not post the exact same message more than once, in different forum areas.

Inviato Sat 06 Oct 18 @ 8:47 am
Sorry

Inviato Sat 06 Oct 18 @ 9:03 am
kjeldgaard83 wrote :
Hi again

Back once again with the same problem.... After 2-3 hours play at the Ddj 1000 controller, suddenly it starts to distort... The distortion and clipping is permanent...

OK, some things to check:
-
1. Dedicating priority to the sound interface in the DDJ 1000;
- Right-click on the Sound icon in the Task Bar and select Sounds,
- Locate the Pioneer sound interface in the Playback tab an double-click on it,
- Go to the Advanced tab and make sure both Exclusive Mode options are checked.
-
2. Is the Pioneer DDJ 1000 plugged directly into a USB port on the computer, or into a USB HUB? If a HUB, is it USB3 or USB2? I have some USB2 items that don't like some USB3 HUBs.
-
3. Disable all other Windows sounds, if not already. In the sound sound settings, try choosing a theme with no sounds for Windows.
- The same steps as "1.", but go to the Sounds tab.
-
4. Alternate sound interface, for test... Can you select the computer's built-in sound interface for audio playback, during a DJ? Not ideal, but something for troubleshooting.
-

This really does sound like an issue between Windows and the audio driver for the DDJ 1000. If this is not an issue spread to a large number of DDJ 1000 users, unique hardware and software settings on your computer seem to be the direction to look.

I hope this helps. I think I have tapped my idea bank on this one!

Inviato Mon 08 Oct 18 @ 10:17 pm
Update

I have returned the ddj1000 controller to the shop where i bought it from, the will check it the pioneer service center to see if its broken someway.....

I am in contact with pioneer engineers from there website. they have written a dusin off solutions for tweaking the pc... I will give you an update as soon my controller comes back...

Inviato Tue 09 Oct 18 @ 8:18 pm
Hello , I am also experiencing this distortion after 3 hours of play is just fades in to distorted static , this started after updating VDJ,

I run the MC7000 and a mid 2012 Mac book pro,

Please help

Inviato Fri 26 Oct 18 @ 7:23 am
Hi, I converted my database from 7 to 8...Now at the very beginning of each track there is a split second of static or distortion .....
Why is this happening, did not happen in 7

Thank you
Dan

Inviato Tue 04 Dec 18 @ 11:16 am
That's got nothing to do with the database. The database is just a text file - it doesn't affect audio.

It's more likely that your audio setup needs adjusting. Please post more info. Mac/PC? Controller, audio interface, drivers, audio config settings....

Inviato Tue 04 Dec 18 @ 6:13 pm
veimanPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Hola tengo problemas con mi rzx y virtual dj despues de 3 horas de funcionar en concierto ñas pistas de audio se me frenaban pero seguian reproduciendo , tengo un imac de 32 de ram y core i5 es un problema de ?

Inviato Tue 04 Dec 18 @ 8:33 pm
groovindj wrote :
That's got nothing to do with the database. The database is just a text file - it doesn't affect audio.

It's more likely that your audio setup needs adjusting. Please post more info. Mac/PC? Controller, audio interface, drivers, audio config settings....

PC....DDJSX....SB2....Does not matter on interface, tried a few....Latency at 512....If I set hot cue on first beat..... If I play from track start...Split second of Distortion, Similar to Vinyl "Burn Mark" from Scratching.... Latest Version of VDJ8........Now if I play the track to the next beat and instead of hitting the play button..... hit the hot cue to start the track....no split second of distortion.....Hope this helps and thank you

Dan

Inviato Thu 06 Dec 18 @ 11:57 am
Check ramp times in settings.
Set both rampStartTime and rampStopTime to 0 and try again

Inviato Thu 06 Dec 18 @ 10:00 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Check ramp times in settings.
Set both rampStartTime and rampStopTime to 0 and try again

Already set at zero.....But Thank you

Inviato Fri 07 Dec 18 @ 11:53 am
Hi Guy's

This is an old problem.

I have the full pro version, always have, but had to stop using it in 2015, due to this very problem. Tried every recommended fix. Nothing sorted it out.

I have tried it on 5 very expensive, high end builds.

1. IBM Think Pad i7 - 4 Cores, 8 gigs RAM, SSD used only for DJ Gigs - Distortion and Gain issues.
2. IBM Think Pad i7 - 4 Cores, 8 gigs RAM, SSD used for DJ Gigs only - Distortion
3. MAC Book Pro - Core DUO - 6 Gigs RAM, SSD used for DJ Gigs only - Distortion
4. MAC Book Pro - 8 Cores, 16 gigs, SSD, only used for DJ Gigs - Distortion...
5. Highend Desktop - i7 8700K series - 64 Gigs RAM, MVME SSD Drive - even on this build same thing...

Controllers:

Denon MC3000
Denon MC600MKII
Denon MC 7000
Denon MCX 8000

I just tested things out on the 8000, this weekend. Completely unusable due to distortion.

This software offers the very best mix of features for mobile DJs, but it doesn't reliably play audio so it gets an F.

Inviato Mon 14 Jan 19 @ 7:16 am
No issues here with the MCX8000. Runs perfectly on several machines including a GPD pocket with an Atom processor.

Inviato Mon 14 Jan 19 @ 8:14 am
user11269846 wrote :
This software offers the very best mix of features for mobile DJs, but it doesn't reliably play audio so it gets an F.

:D :D :D
It actually reliably plays audio better than any other DJ software

This is of course not a general problem - imagine what these boards would look like if it was :)
I hope you get help with finding your specific problem

Inviato Mon 14 Jan 19 @ 8:45 am
ZiglarPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Experienced a similar issue whilst using my DDJ-SR 2 about 2 weeks ago and had to restart VDJ for the issue to go away. 1 week later,the issue occurred whilst in PC-mode(not using any controllers). I realised the issue may be originating from my ASIO latency settings so i changed it from 5ms to 10ms and so far i havent had any issues yet.Fingers crossed.

Inviato Mon 14 Jan 19 @ 11:31 am
85%