Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Battery Powered DJ Speakers

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

jasdjPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I am going to be DJ'ing some football tailgates where they do not allow generators. I have been looking in to various battery powered DJ speakers. Does anyone have any recommendations on battery powered DJ speakers that they use?

Inviato Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 1:34 pm

Inviato Wed 11 Oct 17 @ 2:31 pm
OldufferControlleristMember since 2014

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 9:10 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Other option, up rate your motors alternator, get a chunky invertor and a hefty fan to cool your engine.
I don't know the cost/benefit but I've seen it done.

Inviato Thu 12 Oct 17 @ 5:10 pm
Make sure that the park ordinance allows "amplification", and not just a ban on generators because there is a difference. You could show up with all the battery powered equipment, and they will still shut you down. As for speakers, you can check Behringer, Denon, and Mackie.

What about the other equipment you need power for? If your business calls for it, I would look at another option CSNL. You can actual make these yourself, but it will cost you about the same to make it look this good, and the time you will put in. If you are handy, you will love doing it, and it won't cost as much. Good luck

Inviato Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 8:18 am
jasdjPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Thanks! These are some great options. I will pick one up over the weekend as I have a gig in 8 days and am hoping for good weather.

Inviato Fri 13 Oct 17 @ 11:06 am
FursaPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Hey there - I do similar events all the time and I use two Samson XP106 (XP106w if you need the wireless mic). They are by far the loudest battery powered portable PA speakers I have ever used (100W Class D each) and you can carry along extra batteries which cost about $20 each if you run out of juice. Though I typically get about 6-8 hours of high volume level play with the units.

I wouldn't get Samson speakers for much of anything else but the XP106 is amazing for this use case. Check out the Expedition Express or the Expedition Escape from Samson - Cheaper but 60W and 30W respectively.

Only downside I have with the XP106 is that they are heavy, esp if you are carrying extra batteries - but much better than any blockrocker (or anything from ion). They are also half the size of blockrockers. If you have a car - this is a non-issue.

In August - I took two of these to the beach - where sound can easily get lost and the party was popping anywhere within 30 feet of the speakers.

Inviato Sun 15 Oct 17 @ 6:56 pm
Lars1367PRO SubscriberMember since 2018
+1 for the Samson expedition series. I use one in my classroom and to DJ very small backyard parties and remote events where I don't want to, or am not able to bring out a full system. My devices can pair via Bluetooth, you can daisy chain multiple speakers, and they have a speaker mount for your standard size pole. Perfect for tailgating. They are incredibly powerful for their size and price. As previously stated, don't expect them to be a K series quality speaker, but I have heard no complaints of the quality of sound from them. Other companies are starting to produce similar products, and I suppose they will be better as technology marches on. I don't think you could go wrong with a pair of these in your kit. Amazon has a fog machine case that fits these almost perfectly: Arabba cases makes it. Specs in these speakers: 100w, supposedly 20 hour battery life, and I believe they are lithium ion batteries although I have not opened mine up to see, 15lbs weight, 6" woofer and 1" tweeter. Can't beat them for the price and convenience... one complaint: the Wireless mic kinda sucks, so I'd just stick with the lowest price xp106 you can find. Unfortunately I don't believe there is a speaker only option.

Inviato Mon 16 Oct 17 @ 5:29 pm
For a DJ, speakers are the most important thing and deciding for the best one is somehow difficult. But if you want to get to know about the best dj speakers then can check online articles
Don't buy any speakers once you aren't satisfied with its performance. You can look reviews about that on YT, ask here so that you'll be sure about it.

[Moderated - edited for promo links]

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 12:20 pm
not exactly DJ Spreakers but if the size of the venue is not very large , the highly portable JBL Boombox 2 or UE Hyperboom are worth looking. Pricey but quite powerful for their size with good quality sound

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 1:13 pm
I can recommend buying the JBL Partybox 100 or 300. You can buy the 100 starting at 220€ and it has an amazing sound. It's not super tough, scratches will show and it's not suitable for damp or rainy outdoor usage. Will run effectively 2-3 hours at very high or even max volume (advertised at 4h, which i don't think is realistic, but i also can't test it). It can probably run for up to 6h at medium volume realistically (8h advertised).
It comes with competent I/O and with neat lighting =)

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 5:45 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
3 year old topic guys...

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 7:05 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)