Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Live censoring beeping sound!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Live beeping action button for censoring while you playing live!
That would be nice to do it on the fly,
I know that we got that in the track cleaner,but I think that would be nice to be able to do it live as well!
I think this feature is great, this will give us option weather we need to censure something or not,this give's straight away control
Quick and easy!

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 12:56 am
I've mapped a button on my keyboard to censor music when I'm playing live. When pressed and held it reverses the track, and then resumes normal playback when released. The script is

dump while_pressed

Hope this helps you out.

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 1:10 am
Thanks man that is good ,but I think it would be nice to have sound like on tv programs they use!

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 1:13 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
its a chirpy sound?

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 2:09 am
The reverse is kind of the default for DJs

But if you want the Jerry Springer feel, you could:
1. Download a beep sound - like this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6tg2upo9mww2sp/CensorBeep.mp3?dl=0
2. Load it into VDJ as a sample (just drop it in there)
3. Map a key to play it while pressed, while also turning down the deck levels while pressed. Like this for a 2 deck setup:
sampler_play 'CensorBeep' while_pressed & deck 1 level 0% while_pressed & deck 2 level 0% while_pressed
Of course you can expand it to 4 or 6 decks if needed

Then you get something like this:

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 8:02 am
Thanks klaus, thanks everyone!

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 1:55 pm
@klausmogensen

Can you modify this script to bring CensorBeep into focus in the sampler bank? Because if another sampler is in focus CensorBeep would not play.

Inviato Wed 01 Nov 17 @ 2:23 pm
ohshit wrote :
@klausmogensen

Can you modify this script to bring CensorBeep into focus in the sampler bank? Because if another sampler is in focus CensorBeep would not play.

Yes, you can start by always setting the sampler bank you want - like this if you placed the sample in the AUDIOFX sampler bank:
sampler_bank "AUDIO FX" &

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 17 @ 10:12 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It should also work if you use the full path of the sample in sample_play, regardless of which bank the sample is in.

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 17 @ 1:33 pm
Adion wrote :
It should also work if you use the full path of the sample in sample_play, regardless of which bank the sample is in.

Even better :)

Inviato Thu 02 Nov 17 @ 2:35 pm
thx

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 12:52 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)