Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Blocks - Page: 3
J J ZrnPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Awesome skin!..this is by far my favorite!!...i was wondering...I would like to be able to hide the waves on the top. I have not found a skin ( at least i could not tell) that has the ability to hide/show the waves ...that is if its even possible... I would like to be able to show and hide it/them..Is that an option by any chance?..thanks for your time on this.

Inviato Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 3:09 pm
There are a few skins that have an option to hide the rhythm waves.

Now that you mention it, I have been working on modifying my download of this skin to do it.

I've got as far as having a blank space in that area, but I've not got to the point of moving the decks and browser up - that's more complex. There are already a ridiculous amount of browser sizes in this skin. Adding more will complicate it even further. :-(

[EDIT] Half an hour later and I've got this...

Now it's only rough. The other views are all messed up because lots of stuff needs altering to compensate for the raised decks etc. but it shows it can be done!

Inviato Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 3:16 pm
I think it looks great like that!!....i also like the songs you have in the decks too!!..hehe..:) Do you know what those skins are where you can remove the rhythm waves?
It would also be nice to have the song count down large versus the BPM in the Round area.

Inviato Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 4:00 pm
You know I said there were a lot of browsers in this skin? I just counted them.

Assuming I didn't miss any there are 97 separately listed browsers, because of all the variations (browser zoom on/off, which blocks or combination of blocks are showing).

That means if I add another variation (rhythm zone on /off) there would be nearly 200 browsers. And that's just in the normal two deck skin. Include the 4 deck skin, and the day/night options and that'd be getting on for 800 browser size variations.

Of course it's easier if you only use one view and don't want all the various 'blocks'.

Inviato Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 4:17 pm
ohhh...wow...thats quite a bit..lol...well..i modified the skin and removed the waves...i do have the space there though but its better than all the waves...:)...thanks for all the info..

Inviato Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 5:12 pm
Well if you've managed to get that far, I can tell you that in the two deck skin, you need to move the decks, mixer and main browser up by 118 pixels.

If you want all the other browsers to be in the right place when switching the blocks on, then they need to move up too.

Inviato Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 5:44 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I had thought to add to Blocks the ability to hide everything related to Waves, BPM, CBG etc, so that you can work without mixing aids and practice. And that is something i may add. But it wont remove the Waves Block, it will be just not showing the waveforms.
Would that be practical, or you still need a view without the Wave blocks to gain some more Browser height ? Is this kind of view (without waves) something you regularly use, or as i said only for practicing ?

Inviato Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 6:00 pm
Babis, I was wondering why you didn't use a browser with vertical splits for each 'block'. It would've saved on all the browser height variations. :-)

Inviato Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 6:18 pm
You lost me here

Inviato Mon 24 Jun 19 @ 2:26 am
pirata0PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello

In the 2 deck version the performer, title, year and album are visible in every player. For the 4 deck version only the performer and title. It is also possible to make the year and album visible for 4 decks.

Inviato Mon 01 Jul 19 @ 5:14 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
groovindj wrote :
You know I said there were a lot of browsers in this skin?

Ruff idea here, but I'm convinced it could be dynamically coded as aposed to hard coded.
I might be wrong and if i am then there's a legit wish to size by script.... it gets complicated (thinking about it) but I think it's better than hardcoding every permutation.

Inviato Mon 01 Jul 19 @ 6:41 pm
pirata0 wrote :
Hello

In the 2 deck version the performer, title, year and album are visible in every player. For the 4 deck version only the performer and title. It is also possible to make the year and album visible for 4 decks.

3rd line was removed to reduce the height of the main Block-Deck so that the skin offers a decent Browser height.
I could add an option to choose from 2 lines (as is now) and 3 lines with smaller fontsize though.

Inviato Mon 01 Jul 19 @ 7:42 pm
Regarding multiple Browsers...
There could be 2 options..
1) pos (x,y) and size (height mostly) to take vdj script actions (read vars etc), but thats not available
2) have the Blocks in split panels, as groovin suggested. There are several problems though with this case. One is that there are no actions to set a split panel to a certain position, so each time you want to reveal/hide a Block, you will need to manually adjust the split panel (with the separators)
Another issue is that split panels do not support panels so it would be a coding nightmare

Anyways, i dont really see the point of changing anything, unless you want to edit the skin - and why do that ? - its perfect isnt it ? LOL

Inviato Mon 01 Jul 19 @ 7:48 pm
pirata0PRO InfinityMember since 2009
It is indeed a beautiful skin. It was a question because for presentation work it is also interesting to have the year and album title there since I play with 4 decks. Thanks for the replies.

Inviato Mon 01 Jul 19 @ 8:10 pm
Babis, I seem to have a problem with your Blocks skin on my Mac. I've been using your Blocks skin for about a year.

Last Friday 5/7/19 I was DJing a School Prom. The computer was sitting idle for 2 hours as I was using my iPad for background music during dinner and speeches. Once I started using VDJ for the dancing the graphics began struggling. The processor that is normally running at 6-8% went into the red, I was struggling to even move the mouse pointer across the screen. I was very concerned as I had the whole gig to do so I tried switching to the default skin and within seconds everything returned to normal and running smoothly. Thinking it may have been something temporary I switched back to your Blocks skin and the problem returned immediately. So, I switched again to the default skin and the problem went away I then continued to the end of the gig with the default skin running smoothly. This was with build b5095.

Saturday 6/7/19 I had a wedding and didn't want to take any risks, so, I used the default skin with build b5095 which ran smoothly without any problems.

During the week at home, I don't normally connect my Denon MC6000 MkII Controller, I just use the computer on its own. I used your skin many times during the week and had no problems. I felt confident to use it again at last night's wedding (12/7/19). Thinking about it, I had VDJ running on Automix for 30 minutes. Once I started to use my Denon controller manually it began showing the same behaviour as on 5/7/19. I switched to the default skin and again everything ran smoothly for the next 4 1/2 hours.

On both occasions, I didn't try any other skins only the default skin. I obviously didn't want to risk it at a gig. I don't know why it only happened with the Denon Controller connected and whether it had any effect. I have 7 days til my next gig so will do some testing with the controller connected and without. Also going back to the previous build to see if that has any effect.

P.S. Not using video, audio only and two decks dark skin.

System Specs;
MacBook Pro 15” 2017, 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Memory, Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB, Intel HD Graphics 630 n1536 MB, macOS Mojave 10.14.5, 500gb SSD, external WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD containing Music, Video & Karaoke databases and is formatted NTFS, I use the Paragon plugin with NTFS for Mac.
VirtualDJ 2018 b5095 and Denon MC6000 MkII Controller.

Inviato Sat 13 Jul 19 @ 8:53 am
Been testing today with the Denon MC6000 MkII connected and can't get the above fault to show. Everything ran as smooth as it should. The processor was running at 6 to 6.5% with the audio at 2% as it usually does.

The next test will be at next Saturday's wedding gig. At least I'm confident that I can fall back on the default skin. Just seems weird that the problem only showed at gigs with the controller connected.

Inviato Tue 16 Jul 19 @ 10:01 pm
Did the wedding gig with the default skin with no problems.

At the end of the gig tried testing with Blocks and couldn't repeat the above problem. Must have been a 'one-off' fault. Ho hum, another one of life's little mysteries lol.

Inviato Sun 21 Jul 19 @ 2:10 am
I did a wedding on Tuesday 23-7-19 and the above problem appeared with the default skin on build b5180. I checked with the Activity Monitor and found the main kernal_task was taking up all the processor power, no idea why. The problem cleared up itself when I changed the tune to the other deck. I retried loading and playing the same tune but the problem didn't show again, it's a mystery.

I have since updated to b5181 then b5182 over this weekend with no reoccurrence of the problem.

I have had a minor problem over recent weeks that may be related. Loading a tune with the LOAD button on my Denon MC600MkII controller caused the scrolling graphics in the Rhythm window to pause for a few milliseconds. It has been doing this if I dragged and dropped the song into the players too. Strangely though, double-clicking on a song in the browser would load with no pause.

I've updated my Mac to Mojave 10.14.6 this week, don't know if that made any difference or not. I run CleanMyMac X before going to a gig to make sure everything is running smoothly and the memory is clear.

Anybody any thoughts?

System Specs;
MacBook Pro 15” 2017, 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Memory, Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB, Intel HD Graphics 630 n1536 MB, macOS Mojave 10.14.6, 500gb SSD, external WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD containing Music, Video & Karaoke databases and is formatted NTFS, I use the Paragon plugin with NTFS for Mac.
VirtualDJ 2018 b5182 and Denon MC6000 MkII Controller.

Inviato Sun 28 Jul 19 @ 6:27 pm
Blocks is now updated to version 4.

Changelog
  • Added 2 Decks with Vertical Waveforms skin variation (with Dark and Day theme)
  • Added 4 Decks with Vertical Waveforms skin variation (with Dark and Day theme)
  • Added 2 Decks Video skin variation (with Dark and Day theme)
  • Added 4 Vertical Decks skin variation (with Dark and Day theme)
  • Small adjustments to top panel
  • Added battery indicator
  • Added Sandbox mode
  • Added split panel with Volume Groups in Sampler Block (for 2 Deck skin variations)
  • 4 Decks skin variations have now 3rd adjustable info line
  • Option to focus Left/Right decks.
  • Option to color (highlight) dropzones
  • Option to select between horizontal sliders and round knobs for FX parameters in the FX block.
  • Option to choose between Default and Custom Browser Icons
  • Option to show Track Color in loaded Deck.
  • Horizontal waveforms support the new WaveformCenter setting *
  • Clock supports the new clockDisplay setting *
  • Blinking Time on track end respects the new endOfSongWarning setting *
  • Minor code and graphics fixes

* Note: Some features require latest Early Access 5269

Inviato Fri 06 Sep 19 @ 9:18 pm
the skin n°1, my skin
thanks

Inviato Sat 07 Sep 19 @ 1:50 am
51%