Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Search results are troublesome in 7.4.7

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm using 7.4.7 and when I search by typing the exact title, I get a bunch of unwanted results. They are many times listed before the actual song I'm searching for. In previous versions this was never an issue. It's really a hassle when I'm on the job and have to scroll down through unwanted tracks to get to the one I want. I'd like to either find a solution to this or revert to an older version. I can't figure out how to revert. I want to ask if I can take the installer from another computer onto a thumb drive and put it in my laptop to install the older version. Thanks in advance for any help.

Inviato Fri 17 Nov 17 @ 2:30 am
For more exact searching you can try putting your search string in double quotes
You should also go through the fields you include in your search (the dropdown with the magnifying glass next to the search field), so that things like path isn't included

And of course:
To get a better feature set and better help you could upgrade to VDJ8

Going below v7.4.7 is not recommended because of the 2016 date bug in all versions prior to v7.4.7.
That bug will really mess up all timestamping in VDJ in older versions

Inviato Fri 17 Nov 17 @ 11:13 am
Thanks for the reply. I was using an older ver. of 7 up until a couple of months ago when I got a new laptop and downloaded the latest ver. of 7 available to me. It worked flawlessly for me for years doing mobile dj events. I got ver. 7.4.7 off of this site because my original disc is ver.6.0.7. Here's my reason for not going to 8. I bought Numark CUE for $300. I own the installation disc and was able to update all the way up over time until ver. 8. I'll have to pay another $200 to get ver. 8. My software I use now does everything I need and more. No bad blood over ver.8 just not motivated to pay more money if I'm happy with what I have now. I do have the installer package for 7.4.6 on my computer. Question: If I put that on a thumb drive, can I use that to install it on my new laptop? Thanks for the advice, and I have been messing with ver.8 on my office computer. Just not finding much with that ver. which would change the way I do a wedding etc. that would give me a return on investment. Thanks again.

Inviato Fri 17 Nov 17 @ 5:21 pm
Something to consider if you ever find a bug it may not get fixed. If you ever need to buy a new controller it will not be supported by VDJ 7.
Also the sound quality in 8 is leaps and bounds better than 7.

If you can live with that you're good.

Inviato Fri 17 Nov 17 @ 5:53 pm
Please delete

Inviato Fri 17 Nov 17 @ 5:54 pm
Ah... controller advice is a good thing to consider. I usually use a Denon DN-HC4500. Thanks for the input.

Inviato Mon 20 Nov 17 @ 3:19 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)