Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Samples packs

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey there, I'm starting exploring the samples feature of virtual dj and I'd have a question concerning sample packs. It's probably an easy question, but I'm new to this business (I played with vinls and cdj's for most ofmy life), so excuses if I say something silly... Hope someone is willing to help.
Now, on virtual dj you can add samples in the samples folder. You may then trigger them by clicking on the sample you wanna play during your mix.
The thing is, most samples I find online come in packs, as a single track, which is great because you get a lot of samples in each pack. What's less great is that you won't be able to trigger that one sample you wanna play if you move the whole sample pack in the sample folder on virtual dj. Ideally then there should be a way to cue you samples packs, pretty much like you cue a song, or anyway a way to cut the samples pack into individual samples. Is anyone so kind as to help me with this? Thanks very much in advance.
D.

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 18 @ 1:55 pm
I would probably chop them up in a sound editor program before I load them into VDJ (like in Audacity)
Remember that the sampler also handles bpm match for loops and so on, but that will be useless if it's not a single loop/sample
Also you would only be able to use a "while pressed" option to be able to stop them again, if they were in one track

That's not to say that all "samples" should be handled like this.
For instance I have scratch samples in one track.
But those are loaded on a deck, and mixed in using hot-cues and scratch techniques, so they are not played from the sample banks

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 18 @ 2:56 pm
DGeneralD wrote :
most samples I find online come in packs, as a single track

That's highly unusual (if you're talking about legally purchased samples). I don't think I've ever had a sample pack like that - and I've got lots.

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 18 @ 5:50 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Here´s an example from dmc http://www.dmcdownload.com/product-detail/100%25+Scratch+Muscles//download/2278

You should do just like Klaus saying and chop the samples in external editor program (if you want them as samples).

Or you could try out to create a mapp as for ex. "Tools" and set it as a favorite in the browser and save the best files that you use for vocals, samples etc. it is easy to find and load from the browser.
Then you can cue the samples and jump between the cues like scratch djs do.

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 18 @ 6:39 pm
That's an album, designed for scratch DJs, not what I would call a sample pack.

Type 'sample pack' into Google and the top results are from sites like producerloops and loopmasters. Those packs are all individual sounds, designed for loading into a sampler/onto pads, not for DJs to scratch.

Inviato Wed 03 Jan 18 @ 6:47 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)