Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual dj 8 error with DDJ-SR2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

OK so here goes. I had a numark universal mixdeck and been using virtual dj for years. So this year I decided to upgrade to the pioneer DDJSR2. Now his is the frustrating part. I know that the sr2 comes with serato, but see I don't plan on using serato, I want to use virtual dj 8. I have the PROSPECT with licence etc. I done hooked up the drivers for the controller, and already have virtual DJ 8 installed.

1st issue, I get this message when I open up virtual dj. No sound card. DDJ-SR2. failed to initialize ASIO driver.

This is soooooo confusing and frustrating. Yes I looked at the manual for, my controller under pioneer virtual dj 8. Still same thing. BTW I did hold the play button and shift while I turned it on. Even when I just turn it on under contoller in virtual dj, the pioneer is not listed. Also the IT doesn't recognize the controller and don't have the option to choose the sound card.

Can someone give me any advice?

Inviato Wed 24 Jan 18 @ 5:38 pm
Have you installed the SR2 ASIO driver?

Have you made sure that the SR2 is not selected as default audio in Windows control panel?

Inviato Wed 24 Jan 18 @ 5:41 pm
Well the only thing I downloaded as far as the drivers was the driver that was on the website for my particular contoller. I didn't see no firmware and thinking it wasn't available. Also I'm using a PC.

Inviato Wed 24 Jan 18 @ 5:52 pm
Excuse my typos cause I'm using my tablet and I'm at work

Inviato Wed 24 Jan 18 @ 5:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You may have an older Build of VirtualDJ 8. Please download and install the latest from https://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html

The SHIFT+LEFT PLAY combination when powering on the DDJ-SR2 is probably the action you need to when you want to update the firmware, so if you dont need to that , so dont do that, just power on the unit ;)

Inviato Wed 24 Jan 18 @ 6:07 pm
I'll try that and see but I already have the pro. The crazy thing is the ddrsr2 shows up under the audio tab as far as selecting the master, Michele etc but it doesn't come up under the controller tab and that's when I get the error message.

Inviato Wed 24 Jan 18 @ 6:14 pm
So do I need the pro membership in order to activate the sound card in virtual 8? When I used my former virtual pro it doesn't show up at all. But when I use the one from the website , shows up

Inviato Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 5:40 pm
What do you mean by your "former" Pro? You have no Pro license registered to your account.

Inviato Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 6:39 pm
I had virtual dj pro 7. Is there pioneer only capable with virtual dj 8

Inviato Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 9:14 pm
Basically I'm asking is in order for the virtual dj pro infinity 8 will recognize my sr2 is if I had a membership? I know about the 10 minutes situation.

Inviato Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 9:17 pm
The Pioneer DDJ-SR2 will only work with version 8.

If you have purchased a license in the past and need help to retrieve, please contact Support. http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

If you have not, you will need to purchase a Pro license (Infinity or Subscription) to use in public or a Home Plus (per Controller) license to use at home.
http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Without any license, you may get 30 days of trial period if you login with a virtualdj.com account (identify yourself) and after that period you will be getting 10 mins sessions on every restart.

Inviato Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 9:42 pm
I just purchased the Pro subscription and don't see my license to use for my sr2 when I logged in

Inviato Sat 27 Jan 18 @ 10:56 pm
When you start VirtualDJ and login with your VDJ Account credentials, dont you see your Subscription license in VDJ Settings->LICENSES tab under Licenses ?
If you dont, then there may be a block that prevents VirtualDJ from connecting to our servers and validate your license.

Start with running this Tool to fix your Host files .... http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=other&search=host

then see if you are running any Antivirus or your Firewall is set to block VDJ

Inviato Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 5:45 am
thaheadbanga1 wrote :
I just purchased the Pro subscription and don't see my license to use for my sr2 when I logged in

You won't specifically see an SR2 license - because you have a Pro subscription which allows use of all controllers.

Just plug your SR2 in (USB) and VDJ should detect it & ask if you want to use the sound card - say yes.

When the SR2 is plugged in, there should also be a big SR2 button in the VDJ audio config area that you can press.

Please read the setup guide https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsr2/index.html

Inviato Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 7:40 am
Thanks for the info. So check this out. I have everything set up right and I see my st2 under the audio but but when I click on the controller tab, it says ddj-sr2 failed to connect. Also how come when you play music on either deck, it pauses or freezes then play? Is it a firewall thing or something in the laptop making it pause?

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 18 @ 8:31 pm
It's always skipping while the song plays. Crazy

Inviato Tue 30 Jan 18 @ 8:46 pm
hola , a mi me pasa exactamente lo mismo, saben si hay alguna solución ?

Inviato Sun 05 May 19 @ 6:31 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)