Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Beatport Integration

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hai,

Not sure this has been asked before (Forum Search didnt return something similar) or if it would be needed by the majority.
But me as avid Beatport User would love to see an integration into VDJ.

Why?

Because the Beatport Desktop App is as slow as their site and sometimes its really a hassle to get purchased content or even browse for something to buy. I ve been using classic site but meh its bad to handle really.

I see benefits from a Beatport integration as you could directly access, buy and probably download any suggestion the software throws at you right away.

Do you think its needed or possible even in the future?

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 6:17 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'd like that too. But I guess that will never happen.

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 9:31 am
I guess the first question is:
Does Beatport have an open API you can program up against from VDJ (and everywhere else)?

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 10:19 am
klausmogensen wrote :
I guess the first question is:
Does Beatport have an open API you can program up against from VDJ (and everywhere else)?

I dont think they have something like an open API. But maybe if Atomix could negotiate a deal with them they might get in and potential customers too.
If something like this would work I think alot of DJ's would happily use that if done properly.

Like you enter a Song in your search or click on the Genius DJ Recommendation and the Beatport option shows up to purchase and download the track and mabye options to purchase the full album or compilation the track is in. Its basically like inApp purchases on mobile me thinks.

And if it could be connected to the Beatport Account I think the purchases could be handled via Account then. But then again I am no software developer.

Its probably not easy to do but who doesent ask doesent get answers I guess :)

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 1:56 pm
MissyBee wrote :

Its probably not easy to do but who doesent ask doesent get answers I guess :)

True :)

But it really all depends on what Beatport can deliver
In the past Atomix has made VDJ plugins for iDJPro, Pulselocker, Spotify, Deezer, GrooveMusic and more
So my guess is that if Beatport opened up, Atomix could enable using their interface pretty fast in VDJ

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 2:50 pm
Why stop with just Beatport?? Might as well open it up to anyone who sells digital music.....

Inviato Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 3:19 pm
This seriously would be a massive benefit and should be revisited.

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 19 @ 7:11 am
not the first time a direct music purchase within the software has been asked for but you'd have to overcome a few hurdles

making it secure - putting that personal bank info in and hoping there's enough encryption
system resources - making it so that using it during a gig/session doesn't make that little meter spike into the red and stay there
keeping it legal - probably the biggest hurdle but to keep it legal on the corporate and international level across ALL the legal statutes of ALL the countries it would be used in... not a task I would want.

personally I would love so see a direct purchase option instead of 'renting' songs or videos with Content Unlimited / idjool

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 19 @ 12:18 pm

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 19 @ 6:18 pm
That’s nice and all but I don’t want streaming services.

I want to purchase right from my browser.

Inviato Tue 23 Apr 19 @ 7:00 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)