Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: any way for virtual dj to handle songs with two BPMs ?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

just wondering, sometimes we get songs that start out at about 130 bpm and then changes halfway through to about 95 bpm...particularly wity some contemporary brazilian music

is there any way for virtual dj to handle this so that the sync and looping can be used at either section? if not, it would be an awesome feature for the future

Inviato Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 12:20 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Use action poi to call the 'set_bpm' script

Inviato Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 1:02 pm
im a bit confused that doesnt seem to do anything, once i put in "set BPM, do i have to then type afterward the BPM i want to set it to?

i realised the BPM editor also has multiple BPM option ,but after activating it, again doesnt seem like anything has changed

Inviato Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 1:19 pm
You can handle it with the BPM Editor, but you have to do it manually on your own. Maybe there is an tutorial on YouTube, just found one in german language which explains Variable BPM.

Inviato Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 1:24 pm

Inviato Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 1:40 pm
djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Matty1000 wrote :
nice , yeah i got it now

this guy explains it at the very end of this 18 minute video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG3FeNh5oos

That link is how to make a dj drop.

In the bpm editor, if you click on the dot at the bottom to the right of the bpm number, you can use Re-analyze (multiple BPM) and it will set different bpms for each different bpm it detects.

Inviato Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 3:12 pm
djdonn wrote :
you can use Re-analyze (multiple BPM) and it will set different bpms for each different bpm it detects.

It sounds like a great idea, but it doesn't work very well. I tested it back when it was first added, and found it almost useless.

I just tried again now (with the same test track) and it's not been improved. If it was made more usable it would be a really useful feature.

Inviato Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 7:39 pm
I've just used it and it worked quite well.

Re-analyze multiple bpm. Go to the point where the bpm changes and add an anchor. Zoom in to get it precise. Set the anchor to 1 of 4. It wasn't working well for me until i realised what the 1 of 4 tick box was for.

The track i did was the Macklemore bootleg that transitions from 128 bpm to 96, via Calabria Sax changing into the melody of Thrift Shop.

Inviato Wed 14 Feb 18 @ 8:03 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It would be useful if there was a live BPM option.

Currently I just make sure to ignore the BPM reading and avoid using things that depend on the beatgrid like loops and FX.

Inviato Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 12:48 am
I've asked for that so many times now it's unbelievable.

Inviato Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 2:52 am
The way it is now works great for me. Granted its used for mostly transition tracks but it does work.

Inviato Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 3:08 am
For a transition track (like 90bpm to 110bpm) I find the multi-bpm feature to work quite well

I made a quick example video, where I do a regular re-analyze, then a multi-bpm re-analyze, and the play the track showing the BPM changes

For a warp like feature it doesn't work
That will take.... a warp like feature, I guess, which creates a new audio file in advance :)

Inviato Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 7:19 am
klausmogensen wrote :
For a transition track (like 90bpm to 110bpm) I find the multi-bpm feature to work quite well

I fully appreciate your videos Klausmogensen but the Multi BPM one is wrong. Your grid hasn't aligned correctly. The 1st beat of the bar, down beat is off. It's easily corrected using the 1 of 4 tick box and placing that anchor at the 1st beat of the bpm switch. Zoom in to get it precise.

If the BPM goes out simply nudge it .5 and we can visually see the grid move closer or further. If further, adjust the other way.

This is very easy and works well, thank you VDJ.

Inviato Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 9:03 am
mitchiemasha wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :

Your grid hasn't aligned correctly.

True. As you explain that is step 2 :)

Inviato Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 9:42 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)