Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Basic Karaoke Ripping Q

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

iam2samHome userMember since 2018
Hi. First post - please go easy (I did look through the FAQ first.) I read on the VideoHelp forums that Virtual DJ may be useful for ripping content from Karaoke DVDs for use on a Windows PC. My granddaughter asked me if I could rip her Karaoke DVDs so that she could use them on her Windows 7 laptop. Mainly she wants to listen to the music, complete with lead vocals. While I have a lot of IT experience, I now nothing specifically about Karoke file formats, and frankly I'm going a little crazy trying to figure them out :) Is there a general guide here discussing those file formats that I should read first, or should I just go ahead and post my questions and issues? Thanks!

SAM

Inviato Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 1:23 pm
I am not sure if VDJ is capable of ripping from the karaoke CD's or DVD's; but I use https://www.powerkaraoke.com/src/prod_powercdgburner.php
to pull music from them. On Karaoke CD or DVD the music is usually in what the call CD+G format. When you rip you can convert to several different formats depending on what player you (or your daughter) plan to use. You can rip to MP3+D (this is usually 2 files [must be named exactly the same in the same directory] an .mp3 file and a .cdg); a .zip file; a .bin file or even a .wav and .cdg file. It really depends on how she is going to play them a good free player is karafun. Hopefully this helped you out some.

Inviato Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 4:48 pm
VDJ does not have a ripping plug in installed in the program.

Inviato Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 9:26 pm
iam2samHome userMember since 2018
Thanks! I probably should have been a little more specific. Her karaoke DVD sets have two disks each. The first DVD has CD+G content (native on the disk as CDA) that has the audio with the lead vocals removed. The second disk seems to have an empty "AUDIO_TS" folder, and a "VIDEO_TS" folder containing a number of VOB, BUP, and IFO files. I opened one large VOB file in Wondershare Filmora, and the video played as follows: slide show; all audio including lead vocals; lyrics with progress indicator. However, if use Filmora to convert and save that VOB as an MP4, then play the MP4 in SMPlayer, I get everything *except* the lead vocals. That leads me to conclude that the lead vocals and the background audio exist as separate streams in that VOB, and my Filmora conversion is only capturing the stream with the "background" audio. If that is correct, my goal is to extract both audio streams from that VOB into a single MP3. Can that be done? What resources do I need to accomplish that? I guess the other possibility is that the lead vocals are in one of the other files on that DVD, and Filmora is smart enought to find the associated files even though I have selected only a single VOB, in which case the program has also outsmarted me :) Thanks again.

Inviato Sun 29 Apr 18 @ 2:30 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)