Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Script School - Page: 23
mg_1978PRO InfinityMember since 2008
hi! i use this script for change some parameters about samples:

deck master up ? set '$s1v' 0 & repeat_start myrep ? sampler_play_stop 1 & repeat_stop myrep : : repeat_start myrep 200ms 1 & set '$s1v' 1

but if i change sampler_play_stop with sampler_pad ‘auto’ it doesn’t work, why?
is important (for me) change in sampler_pad ‘auto’ because in banks with more 8 samples in rightdeck controller decks (2-4), if i push pad 1 i would listen sample 9…i listen sample 1 instead :(

Inviato Sun 05 Dec 21 @ 11:33 pm
locodog wrote :

Years back I made a plugin that remembered and recalled group volumes but it was limited to the sample bank visible, and really wasn't the right way of going about it.

Hello locodog.
I really think it's the next improvement to add in VDj sampler.
So do you have a link for this plugin? Maybe i can do something with it.
thank, Aku.

Inviato Mon 06 Dec 21 @ 3:10 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
No I won't be sharing it, like I said it isn't the right way to go about it.
I only made it for the challenge of making it.

Inviato Mon 06 Dec 21 @ 3:27 pm
locodog wrote :
No I won't be sharing it, like I said it isn't the right way to go about it.
I only made it for the challenge of making it.

Hello Locodog.
Well that really a flaw in virtual, mean what the purpose to have a external sampler if you cannot use or map the slider like you want?
This a kind of parameter MUST BE available in vdj...Sorry for my frustration but i ear you about a possible script (technically it perfectly works) and see atomix do nothing on this implement....Holly shoot!!!
regards, Aku.

Inviato Thu 16 Dec 21 @ 3:06 pm
Hey Guys, I've been reading some stuff here and the stuff you all are doing is crazy.
It made me wanting to try some things on my own but the scripting is fooling me.

So, I have a Pioneer DDJ-SX2 as controller and I added a Traktor Kontrol F1.
In that traktor F1 I've programmed the buttons to work as stems and it works.

Now I'm trying to output the color of the button as I turn the stem on or off.

Red when OFF , Blue when ON for instance.

I've tried several stuff but nothing works. What is wrong in the next command? :

effect_stems vocal on ? color "red" : color "blue"

I know this sounds stupid but it keeps triggering me to find the solution and working from there on to try other things.

Inviato Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 8:37 pm
that works here but it looks like the F1 uses a rare case for colouring pads
best guess,
effect_stems vocal on ? get_constant "255,0,0" : get_constant "0,0,255"

Inviato Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 8:49 pm
Midnight countdown, not the important all singing all dancing important 10 - 9 - 8
one, I'm talking about the 38 minutes 24 seconds to go, lowkey countdown.

A few ways to do this, I'll show my best so far
make it a scheduled event for 23:00, script [don't forget to turn it on...]

deck master effect_string 'text' 2 "" & deck master effect_active 'text' on & set '$test' 3600 & set '$clock' `get_clock` & repeat_start_instant 'ticktock' 50ms -1 & param_equal `get_var $clock` `get_clock` ? : cycle $test -3600 & set '$clock' `get_clock` & set $sec `param_mod 60 "get_var $test" & param_cast '00'` & set $min `param_multiply 0.0166666666666 "get_var '$test'"` & set $min `get_var $min & param_cast 'int_trunc' & param_cast '00'` & set_var $counter `param_add "get_text ':'" "get_var '$min'"` &  set_var '$counter' `param_add "get_var '$sec'" "get_var '$counter'"`  & get_var '$counter' & param_cast 'text' &  deck master effect_string 'text' 2

Talk thru it
deck master effect_string 'text' 2 "" & deck master effect_active 'text' on 

clear the text plugin & switch it on

& set '$test' 3600 & set '$clock' `get_clock` 

3600 is an hour's worth of seconds make that a variable, we'll save the clock now as a variable

& repeat_start_instant 'ticktock' 50ms -1 & param_equal `get_var $clock` `get_clock` ? : cycle $test -3600 & set '$clock' `get_clock` 

start a rsi to check our clock variable against the real clock, if the same do nothing, if different reduce our test variable by 1 [one second has passed] and update our clock variable to the current clock

& set $sec `param_mod 60 "get_var $test" & param_cast '00'` & 

now we have to massage our test variable into minutes and seconds,
test mod 60 leaves us with seconds, use the 2 digit cast to give us a leading zero for the case of single digit seconds, save it as name "$sec"

set $min `param_multiply 0.0166666666666 "get_var '$test'"` & set $min `get_var $min & param_cast 'int_trunc' & param_cast '00'` 

for minutes we'll divide test by 60 [really multiply test by 1/60], cast as integer truncate to remove the stuff under the decimal point and again cast 2 digits to hold a leading zero if needed.

& set_var $counter `param_add "get_text ':'" "get_var '$min'"` &  set_var '$counter' `param_add "get_var '$sec'" "get_var '$counter'"` 

counter will be the variable we send to the text plugin so we need to build it so it shows MM:SS,
first build MM: [first param_add] save the counter var, the add sec to our counter var, MM:SS done

& get_var '$counter' & param_cast 'text' & deck master effect_string 'text' 2

take our counter var and cast it as text to the deck master text plugin.

not easy but I thought it worth sharing.

Inviato Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 10:38 pm
locodog wrote :
that works here but it looks like the F1 uses a rare case for colouring pads
best guess,
effect_stems vocal on ? get_constant "255,0,0" : get_constant "0,0,255"

Hey, thanks for the answer but this doesn't work too. When I just give the led the command color "blue" it works so for the colors of the led it would be ok to use the command color.
It looks like it's having a problem with the command itself.

Is this possible?

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 10:59 am
as I said it worked this end, perhaps you need a deck specified

deck X SCRIPT

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 11:00 am
docb-djPRO InfinityMember since 2019
I'm in love with VDJ's real time STEM's.... So that brings me to my question/issue:

Can I map a dial (encoder) on a MIDI Fighter Twister to pan a STEM between two decks?

For example, if I would twist the encoder full CounterClockWise, it would make the left deck related STEM be at it's normal level and the right deck STEM at 0% (Fully muted). If encoder is at mid point, both decks have the relevant STEM at normal (Default) sound levels. If encoder at full ClockWise, left deck STEM would be 0%(muted), right deck STEM would be normal.

Inviato Mon 20 Dec 21 @ 2:06 pm
param_smaller 0.5 ? deck 2 stem 'vocal' & deck 1 stem 'vocal' 0.5 : param_invert & deck 1 stem 'vocal' & deck 2 stem 'vocal' 0.5

Inviato Mon 20 Dec 21 @ 2:24 pm
locodog wrote :
param_smaller 0.5 ? deck 2 stem 'vocal' & deck 1 stem 'vocal' 0.5 : param_invert & deck 1 stem 'vocal' & deck 2 stem 'vocal' 0.5

Wow... Thank you. Very nice indeed.

After using this, I now have a new wish:
How to program a button so that it inverts the above stem fade.
So, for example, when that button is toggled it would switch (invert/flip/etc) the stem from 75%/25% L/R to 25%/75% L/R. Another press/toggle would change it back again.

Inviato Sat 15 Jan 22 @ 12:39 am
@docb-dj
see; set variables & cast.

Inviato Sat 15 Jan 22 @ 2:15 am
locodog wrote :
@docb-dj
see; set variables & cast.

I'm still in the process of working on those.

It's probably a dumb question, but:
Why can't I just param_invert the encoder value when it's button is pressed?

Probably Answer: Because param_invert by default tries to invert the same midi encoder/button/etc CC device that called it. What I'm looking for is when param_invert is used from a button, it'll invert a different MIDI Encoder. As param_invert doesn't work like that, using SET is will be required to share state between the button and encoder. I think...

Inviato Mon 17 Jan 22 @ 9:36 pm
hi! i have a ‘Instant fx’ pad page and for example pad 1 is mapping: padfx ‘flanger’ 0.6 0.9
but if i would that slicer 1 starts from 0% to 60% in 2 second and stop at 60% until i have pad pushed, how do i map pad 1? and when i release pad 1 slicer 1 return to 0%….
thanks!!!

Inviato Mon 24 Jan 22 @ 6:29 pm
Good way to test it

Inviato Mon 24 Jan 22 @ 6:47 pm
@mg_1978 not really making sense.

Inviato Mon 24 Jan 22 @ 7:56 pm
locodog wrote :
@mg_1978 not really making sense.

thanks, i would try…can you help me?

Inviato Mon 24 Jan 22 @ 8:09 pm
I literally don't understand what you want.

Inviato Mon 24 Jan 22 @ 9:00 pm
locodog wrote :
I literally don't understand what you want.

can you see flanger slider 1? i would that with pad pressure slider 1 is not 80% istantanealy, but go from 0% to 80% in 500ms and at 80% it stop and remain 80%….

Inviato Mon 24 Jan 22 @ 10:04 pm
51%