Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Hotcue no longer auto-syncs with the song currently playing

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Don't understand why this has stopped behaving as it used to, before whenever i pressed a hotcue with somewhat decent timing it would instantly lock to the song that was playings beatmarker perfectly, now when i do it it will start out of alignment and require me to press sync to get it in line, this happens everytime with the same distance each time between both songs beatgrid so it is like sync-on-hotcue is broken rather than not doing anything at all. I have checked all quantize and loop settings which are currently on and i have written below. This happens with no hardware plugged in, using just my laptop with the 4 deck vdj skin using mouse to trigger hotcues, with hardware i could map sync into hotcue triggering to fix this i know but would like the function to work without gear too if possible.

Smart play: on
Smart Cue: on
Smart Loop: on
Quantize on set: on
quantizeloop : yes
quantizeSetCue: yes
globalQuantize: 1 beat
cueLoopAutosync: Yes

Inviato Sun 20 May 18 @ 9:10 pm
try smartCue - Yes

Inviato Sun 20 May 18 @ 10:34 pm
Pressing a hotcue to start the deck would NEVER quantize to opposite deck.

Pressing play with smart_play on, would.
After that, pressing any hotcue with smart_cue on would keep the track on grid (while the deck was still playing)

That's the default and expected behavior, and it's been like that for ages (I use similar settings quite often)

Inviato Mon 21 May 18 @ 7:55 am
wickedmix wrote :
try smartCue - Yes

Yes and on are the same thing.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
Pressing a hotcue to start the deck would NEVER quantize to opposite deck.

Pressing play with smart_play on, would.
After that, pressing any hotcue with smart_cue on would keep the track on grid (while the deck was still playing)

That's the default and expected behavior, and it's been like that for ages (I use similar settings quite often)

Ahh this explains it. Would you know the reason as to why it behaves like this ? I assume its by design but seems odd to me that it doesn't sync as you start the song with a hotcue instead of play despite having all quantize settings on. Can't grasp the reason or benefit to having it behave like this and not just sync on the initial hotcue press. I get that you may want to trigger some hotcues that arent set right on beat or that you want to fire off exactly when you press not have it link to the beatgrid but in that case you would just surely disable quantize functions?

Just interested in what functions i would be taking away if i were to map sync to every hotcue trigger pad for my hardware as opposed to leaving it how it is and pressing play first.

Inviato Mon 21 May 18 @ 9:22 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can try to enable the beatlock mode from the Scratch Panel

Inviato Mon 21 May 18 @ 2:30 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I agree that it would make sense when smartplay and smart cue are enabled that it should start the track synchronized

Inviato Mon 21 May 18 @ 2:41 pm
djdad wrote :
You can try to enable the beatlock mode from the Scratch Panel

This does make i behave how i want now in terms of syncing on first hotcue when the track isnt playing. the only issue being beatlock also has associated functions such as tieing all decks bpms together and such that it isn't an ideal solution for such a simple issue.

Adion wrote :
I agree that it would make sense when smartplay and smart cue are enabled that it should start the track synchronized

Does this mean that in a future build it might behave like i describe? that would be cool.

Inviato Mon 21 May 18 @ 9:53 pm
i just spend a few hours messing with this and for me ... when i click a cue its syncs to the playing track from a stop position and it has for as long as i can remember with all the smart settings on and quantize set to 1.

maybe my controller default mapping is different then yours ? ok I see you are operating without a controller ... I didn't test that sry

Inviato Tue 22 May 18 @ 12:13 am
wickedmix wrote :
i just spend a few hours messing with this and for me ... when i click a cue its syncs to the playing track from a stop position and it has for as long as i can remember with all the smart settings on and quantize set to 1.

maybe my controller default mapping is different then yours ? ok I see you are operating without a controller ... I didn't test that sry

Its fairly straight forward to test, just load a song that you have set a hotcue in onto deck 1 and deck 2, press play on deck 1 and then when the next ''1'' beat rolls around try to get deck 2 playing by pressing your hotcue pad in the stock 4 deck skin instead of the play button, you will notice it won't be in sync when it plays. If you now do the same but press play the play button instead then it will start in sync.

Inviato Tue 22 May 18 @ 1:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Actually, just checked and indeed, when smartCue is on triggering a hot cue from pause will sync it automatically to the other deck.

Perhaps you manually selected a master deck? In that case it will only sync to the master deck, and nothing will happen if the master deck is the deck you triggered the hot cue from.

Inviato Tue 22 May 18 @ 1:39 pm
Adion wrote :
Actually, just checked and indeed, when smartCue is on triggering a hot cue from pause will sync it automatically to the other deck.

Perhaps you manually selected a master deck? In that case it will only sync to the master deck, and nothing will happen if the master deck is the deck you triggered the hot cue from.

So i had another look and you are right in a sense but i noticed something further, from a fresh load up of vdj 8 i load a song into deck 1 and 2, i press play on deck 1 and wait 16 beats then trigger the hotcue press on the paused deck (deck 2), it will start in sync like i imagine it should work and assumably all is working as intended, Except now if you pause deck 2 and wait for another 16 beats and try it again it will behave oddly and won't sync via hotcue presses again, it requires using the play button to have it sync from that point on. This happens with either deck as masterdeck.

Video of issue: vimeo.com/271288118

Inviato Tue 22 May 18 @ 2:36 pm
I have a Numark Party Mix controller and I'm using Virtual DJ 8 LE. I hit sync and it doesn't "automatically match the corresponding deck's tempo with the opposite deck's tempo and phase" per the description. So what are my options then?

Inviato Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 8:55 pm
Maybe there's too big a difference in the tempos of the two tracks.

See here.

Inviato Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 9:04 pm
Try to map this: hot_cue 1 & sync
That works for me

Inviato Tue 12 Feb 19 @ 8:12 pm
An old thread but I was struggling with this as well.

I have a smart play toggle on my controller somewhere - smart play does what you want but then on pressing play only.

To add this to the eight hot_cue buttons, depending on smart play being on or off, I use this on the hot cue buttons.

hot_cue 1 & smart_play ? play_pause ? play_sync

Execute hot_cue 1 as normal, but if smart_play is on, and were are in pause? play in sync immediatly.

Feels the most logical to me.

Even better would be just to start playing on the quantized beat and not touching pitch but I didn't figure that out yet.

Inviato Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 9:49 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)