Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Help with DVS timecode settings to avoid sticker drift

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

My gear. Two reconditioned 1200 MkII's, VDJ timecode vinyls, new Shure M44-7's, Denon DN-X600, 2012 MBP running the latest VDJ build. When I calibrate the timecodes in VDJ, everything is good with the signals "Sound Quality: good (100%)". I use relative mode to take advantage of cue points.

My main issue is that there seems to be a drift or fluctuation when I move a platter in order to line up and set a cue point. When I'm mixing, and playing songs using timecode, I don't really notice any other problems but when a deck is stopped and I'm trying to line up and set a cue point by moving the platter (without the platter actually powered up and spinning as this is the precue deck when this happens) the wavfile in the program always either moves too far left or right of where I want to actually set a cue. This happens with both decks. Has anyone else experienced this and has anyone dug into any of the available timecode settings to find the best combination? I'm open for any suggestions.

Inviato Mon 21 May 18 @ 7:58 pm
if you are stetting beatgrids u can snap cue points to the grid and just get close and u will be fine

Inviato Mon 21 May 18 @ 8:17 pm
Thanks for the reply. I usually mix rap and funk music, the type of music that can't really be beatgridded anyway, and could do without that setting being turned on all together, especially if it causes problems like this drift.

I guess the thing I'm trying to do is be able to use the deck like a jog wheel when I'm trying to line up and set a cue point. No matter what controller I've used, there's never been much of any drift that I've experienced.

Looking further into VDJ timecode, it seems that the official VDJ timecode vinyls aren't as good as official Serato vinyls so I ordered a set of those. I'll update this post if that tightens things up.

Inviato Tue 22 May 18 @ 6:26 pm
try lowering timecode silence to zero or 0.01.

Inviato Tue 22 May 18 @ 11:46 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)