Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 2018 and VDJ 8 - Page: 3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Will having both versions (8.2 and 2018) effect my database, gains, and cue points? I know that when I was juggling 7 and 8 (when I first switched over to 8), the databases would get confused.

Inviato Sat 16 Jun 18 @ 11:20 am
No. Straight upgrade. It's just a change of name.

Inviato Sat 16 Jun 18 @ 1:02 pm
Dev staff wrote :
freppa wrote :
I have seen that my plugin "Title" does not work anymore (the file is still in the videoeffect folder).

If you're referring to the native plugin "title", it was removed in vdj2018, since videoskins can do the job more efficiently.
But the plugin will be available soon in the extensions section for people who really want it.

Thank you very much

Inviato Sat 16 Jun 18 @ 8:31 pm
I have tried vcj 2018 and my only concern is why it is consuming more cpu usage than vdj 8?

Inviato Sun 17 Jun 18 @ 7:55 pm
It's not for me. More details please.

Inviato Sun 17 Jun 18 @ 8:10 pm
cpu usage for video file when playing two decks at same time will go upto 80%

Inviato Sun 17 Jun 18 @ 9:42 pm
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
moviefrek - I'm only using VDJ 2018 now and even deleted my old VDJ 8 shortcut. It's the same engine with a few new features. I'm on an i5 2450m laptop and I'm playing 2 videos with the transition going and it only uses 11% - 18% CPU max. I'm on Win10 and running VDJ-PCOptimizer to stop windows from running maintenance while I'm using VDJ 2018.

Inviato Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 2:29 am
Hi there I have installed over the top of the 8.2 all went extremely well and will be using live as its running great.

been looking into the youtube and facebook streaming live.. if we go live on either of them they will so kick our butts via copyright infringement as their are no laws in place for live streaming on their sites.

any idea as to how we can go about this or is it a case of, got the software to do it but cant use it till the big boys come up with a deal.. :(

other ideas how about multi webcam conferencing ie being able to bring in someone live so you can hold live video interviews or do what I have been beta testing with over the last five years of uniting friends and family's from around the world live into a venue.. as I brought in a extremely ill family member to a wedding from the isle of white to Norwich hotel live on the brides wedding day.

anyways great Job guys this is a major push forward best wishes DJ Tinsel Tim

Inviato Tue 19 Jun 18 @ 12:05 pm
I have tried pc optimizer and all different options, but still vdj 2018 it self consuming too much power more than 56% when 2 decks working at same time . It was never happened before this upgrade, because both upgrades vdj 2018 and vdj 8 is consuming lots of cpu power.

Inviato Wed 20 Jun 18 @ 3:29 am
First of all, WHY do you use ASIO4ALL drivers with your setup ? They are not needed.
Second, what's your system specs ? (CPU, RAM, GPU e.t.c)
Third, what other plug-ins do you run and how ? I see you use milkdrop somehow frequently, but milkdrop IS resource hungry...

Therefore we need more info in order to troubleshoot your issue. And since this is a generic thread, please start a new thread with your issue and the info we need so that we can take it from there

Inviato Wed 20 Jun 18 @ 8:53 am
This is the screen shot and see vdj consuming more than 50% cpu, sometime even almost 70%.

I have intel i 7 -2640m cpu @2.8 ghz and 8gb ram

Inviato Wed 20 Jun 18 @ 7:59 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@moviefrek
PhantomDeejay wrote :
please start a new thread with your issue and the info we need so that we can take it from there

Inviato Wed 20 Jun 18 @ 8:02 pm
Well, you have a 7 year old cpu for one.

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 18 @ 12:40 am
Hello Guys, I did not back up or rename files prior to installing the new VDJ 2018 when it was launched.
Now that I have 2 gigs this weekend I don't want to take the chance that something would not go wrong.
How can I now have the use now of both 2018 & VDJ 8? Do I do a fresh install of VDJ 8 and will this overwrite my 2018 files?

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 18 @ 4:41 am
its working fine!! only some of my video file just drawing too much cpu but i can stay with it.

Thanks guys,

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 18 @ 4:45 am
d_soca_dj wrote :
Hello Guys, I did not back up or rename files prior to installing the new VDJ 2018 when it was launched.
Now that I have 2 gigs this weekend I don't want to take the chance that something would not go wrong.
How can I now have the use now of both 2018 & VDJ 8? Do I do a fresh install of VDJ 8 and will this overwrite my 2018 files?

Yes, just reinstall VirtualDJ 8.2 and it will overwrite the 2018 version.

That being said, 2018 is now safe to use, and is planned to go public after the weekend anyway.

Inviato Thu 21 Jun 18 @ 3:42 pm
djjeckyPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi guys, how would i know im runnind vdj2018? I tried installing but looks the same. See no difference.

Inviato Sun 12 Aug 18 @ 1:00 am
djjeckyPRO InfinityMember since 2011
djjecky wrote :
Hi guys, how would i know im runnind vdj2018? I tried installing but looks the same. See no difference.

Ok got it. Everything is good

Inviato Sun 12 Aug 18 @ 1:36 am
I have two questions:

1: when selecting sound for ddj sx2, which one is better asio or waspi?
2: How to use pad for scratch in ddj sx2?

Bob

Inviato Fri 02 Nov 18 @ 9:15 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
ANSWER :
1.-
Wasapi may be safer for some controllers, but need some changes in Windows Sound --->Playback Devices. Have to set in FULL RANGE speakers use. However some Pioneer devices do not allow all channels out when are in wasapi mode. In This Case SX2 should be better to use in ASIO mode.

2.- PAD scratch is the same in all controllers, just use it or not at your choice. Is an option that is there, can be trigger by selecting the pad scratch in VirtualDJ and then trigger it with the available pads (that are assigned to each scratch effect)

Inviato Wed 07 Nov 18 @ 5:29 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)