Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Lost Data/ Back-up

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi all!

I had a computer crash. Lucky enough I stored my music on a seperate hdd.

Problem is when I re-installed Windows, VDJ had lost all data such as Bpm's and all other track info.
Is there any way to back-up data like this because it's a lot of work to set it all to where I was before the crash.

Thanks in advance, grts Chris!

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 4:55 pm
Simply copy the documents> VirtualDJ folder.

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 5:16 pm
Thanks for your answer. Could you please explain how to do that? I can't find these specific folders?

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 6:16 pm
Sorry, misread your original post. If your music is on an external HDD then the database should be there as well and work as normal on the new PC.

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 6:27 pm
On your external hard drive there should be a folder called ‘VirtualDJ’. Inside this folder is the ‘database’ where all your musics cue points, bpm, etc are stored. If this folder and database are present on your external hard drive, then all your track information should be fine.
There is also another ‘VirtualDJ’ folder that can be found in ‘My Documents’ (on a windows machine). This contains information such as skins, playlists, sampler etc. However if you have done a fresh windows install and you did not manage to back up this folder, then you will have lost the data and settings that were present here before.
I hope that makes sense!

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 6:36 pm
Yes thanks very much! I found the database file listed as VirtualDJ Local Database v6. That would be my track info.

Also found a file like that in My Documents. However, installing vdj and set skin and mappers takes me half an hour, that's not a big problem, losing all track-info isn't that great :)

I'll back-up these files. When (I hope not) windows would crash again do I simply put these files back on the specific hard disk and vdj finds all the data?

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 6:45 pm
Basically you need to put everything on your computer where it was before (same user name etc.)

If you copy over the virtualdj folder that is in your documents on the hard drive then all your settings etc. will remain.

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 6:52 pm
Great thanks. I'm gonna copy the files every once in a while. Thanks for your help guys!

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 7:08 pm
chrisdamhuis wrote :
Yes thanks very much! I found the database file listed as VirtualDJ Local Database v6. That would be my track info.

Just for your information, on an external HD where your tunes are stored, VirtualDJ Local Database v6.xml is the database used by VirtualDJ 7.

VirtualDJ 8 uses a different one stored inside the VirtualDJ folder on the external HD and is just called database.xml.

Inviato Thu 14 Jun 18 @ 10:23 pm
Thanks but I still use vdj 7 :)

Inviato Fri 15 Jun 18 @ 11:21 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)