Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Switch through the Custom_Buttons

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I would like to switch through the mappings of a custom_buttons (by pushing a hardware button).

For example:
custom_button 1 --> for doing what ever is assigned to custom_button 1.
custom_button 1 +1 --> For switching through the mappings of the custom_button.

So my 'hardware-button' "pushes" the custom_button with "custom_button 1".
Shift + 'hardware_button' with "custom_button 1 +1" switches through the custom_buttons mapping and I can push the new custom_button assignment.

Inviato Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 1:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You can call a custom button variation with a second param, eg;
custom_button 1 2
call the 2nd variation of custom button 1.

Inviato Mon 18 Jun 18 @ 8:29 pm
locodog wrote :
You can call a custom button variation with a second param, eg;
custom_button 1 2
call the 2nd variation of custom button 1.

Oh thanks!
This was something that I didn't know. Maybe I can use this somewhere...
I only think that for the purpose for which I posted this, it does not work so well...

My idea was to switch through the variations of custom_button X in my skin,
and then have ONE hardware-button to trigger the softwares custom_button X (with whatever is assigned on it).
So you can picture this as "changeable pre-defined mappings" of some buttons/knobs during djing...

Therefore I don't want to trigger the 1st, 2nd or 3rd variation of custom_button X...
I rather want custom_button X to change to his 1st, 2nd, or 3rd variation
(maybe by holding shift and press the hardware-button which is mapped to custom_button X)
to then trigger it later with pressing only the hardware-button (without shift).

It would look like this:
SHIFT + HARDWARE BUTTON 1 ---> custom_button X +1 (to change through the variations)
HARDWARE BUTTON 1 ---> custom_button X (to execute the chosen variation)

So lets say I have a controller with a limited amount of buttons... Why not use them as "hardware_custom_buttons"?
I could change the variation of some buttons by holding shift and press through the variations (displayed on my laptop).
If I have got my (pre-defined) variation for this button, I could use it normally till I think it is time for another variation.

Inviato Sat 07 Jul 18 @ 4:53 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)