Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Vdj 2018 crashing on load

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Loads up select controller staft to make a playlists and it crashes well starts again only thing I’ve done is started adding alll the bpms analizing for day and a half do I need to delete datebase start again maybe

Inviato Mon 25 Jun 18 @ 9:36 pm
It looks from the crash report we got from your system, that one of the .mp4 on your computer is corrupted, and caused virtualdj to crash when trying to access the cover image inside.
We'll make a special case in the next build to ensure that at least it doesn't crash. But you might want to remove this file from your computer (or fix it).

Inviato Mon 25 Jun 18 @ 11:21 pm
MaxdbsPRO InfinityMember since 2008
If you have a GIG coming up I wouldn't update. I opened laptop tonight and clicked on VDJ8 and it said I was updated, do I want to use new version, I said yes, now it won't open at all.
ERROR: Entry Point Not Found. "The procedure entry point SetThreadErrorMode could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.
I have a wedding this week end and really need this to work, it was working perfectly until I updated. This is an old Dell 1520 Laptop running Vista, and is only used for DJing. Can anyone help me fix this issue? I tried uninstalling and a fresh install to no avail, and tried windows restore to no avail. I want to reinstall the V8.2b4291 I was using but don't have the install file.

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 1:06 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 2:06 am
MaxdbsPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I uninstalled the new version 2018 , and reinstalled the previous version and it worked like a charm , thanks locodog for the link. I am back in business!

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 9:46 pm
Maxdbs wrote :
This is an old Dell 1520 Laptop running Vista

Vista (or XP) is not officially supported anymore in VirtualDJ (or by the rest of the world at this point).
Anyway, we've added some patch in the next update, that should keep VirtualDJ 2018 still running (unofficially) on XP and Vista.

Inviato Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 9:15 pm
geemixPRO InfinityMember since 2006
That was the same error I was getting with 2018 update but so happy to report that 4457 has fixed (patched) this. Back in business :)

Is it possible to ask what this error was and how it was fixed?

I know older machines (XP/Vista) are not supported but is there anything we can do to stop this error ourselves in future builds?

Even with all latest windows updates and SP 4 (unofficial) for XP Pro the above error was occurring with 2018 version.

And just an FYI, the reason I am still using XP Pro on my DJ machine is due to the way my whole setup is laid out and configured.
My sound card's front panel mic & aux inputs means I can have my mic in real time with no slight delays in my headphones etc.
I can talk and stop at the vocals kicking in and if I wanna, can sing along in real time with the vocals without my voice being delayed behind them.
If that makes sense?

I used to work on radio and one rule of thumb is to stop talking right at the vocal intro. Timing is key.

When using Win7 or 10, the delay occurs (even with very low latency changes) and is very off putting when doing my show as I need to monitor both music/voice in my headphones, live.

So XP's sound system works like a charm for myself. MS changed the way their software uses sound from WIn7, forcing me to stick with XP Pro (for now).

Thanks.

Inviato Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 7:40 am
geemix wrote :
Is it possible to ask what this error was and how it was fixed?

Because we were using some functions that didn't exist yet in Windows XP.
Since it was not critical, we did a workaround for XP systems.
But at some point in the future we'll probably use a function that doesn't exist in XP and that will be critical, so we can't promise we'll be able to do this forever.
(and to answer your direct question: no, there is nothing you can do, to make your XP system emulate all the functions available in Windows 10, other than installing Windows 10 itself)

Inviato Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 10:57 am
Virtual DJ wont start and there are 3 VDJ icons in my dock. Sometimes after clicking the links a bunch of this the program will start. Anyone else

Inviato Mon 11 Feb 19 @ 10:18 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)