Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Same BPM for all songs in playlist, for Pilates class?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

My friend is a pilates teacher and wants to be able to create a playlist that will speed up or slow down songs so that they are all the same speed (i.e. 130 bpm). He could then add songs that are, say, between 125 and 135 bpm to the playlist, but they will all play at 130 bpm.

Is it possible to do this?

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 4:35 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yes it possible, tell your friend to post in this thread and they can get a solution.

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 5:02 pm
He doesn't actually use Virtual DJ. I use it and am looking for him to see if he would be useful for him. He can't find any other software that could do this so wondered if the DJ software I used would be appropriate.

I know Virtual DJ is very customisable, so thought that there should be some way of doing it.

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 5:19 pm
nigelg99 wrote :
He can't find any other software that could do this

He hasn't looked very hard then :-)

Flow or Mashup by Mixed In Key would probably suit. Ableton Live will warp tracks to a fixed tempo all day long (it's a DAW but DJs do use it for that very reason). Mixmeister has been around for many years, and even mentions fitness instructors on the web site.

There's a site called Fit Mix Pro that offers custom mixes for instructors. Not software, but you can make your own custom mix and it's very well produced.

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 5:34 pm
Maybe this is something that can be added as an option in automix.

For example if you are playing a 128bpm track then there could be a right click option "preserve BPM" or something like that and then every other track within a certain range would be the same speed.

Not something I would personally use as there are plenty of DJs that manage to keep to 128bpm all night without any kind of automix :)

I know Loco was working on a script but no reason for this not to be part of the main program.

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 6:37 pm
Let me have a poke at the script, I'll see what can be done.

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 6:41 pm
I believe it's commonly called master tempo in other software. This would also be useful in allowing VDJ to slave to an external clock, and so Ableton Link could be incorporated (hint hint).

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 6:42 pm
@krad yeah mix_type "bpmMatch" seems so obvious.

@nigelg99 press this button once, then set single deck automix running, it will make any just loaded track run at 130bpm.
A second press will stop this,

If you want other bpm values, change the script.

A full solution is possible (follow the previous track bpm, or a pad page to pick from 16 predefined bpms) but as a home user

Consider this a demo.

var_equal "AMPWD" 0 ? off & set "AMPWD" 1 & repeat_start_instant "AMBpm" 190ms & load_pulse ? nothing : pitch 130.0 bpm : blink & set "AMPWD" 0 & repeat_stop "AMBpm"

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 7:27 pm
Works well however the pitch doesn't get reset on the next track after deactiviating.

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 7:51 pm
How about the track after that?

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 7:56 pm
Thanks for the information on other mixing software and especially locodog for the button script. I'll go through the options with my friend.

Inviato Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 4:43 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)