Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Cpu Ussage Streaming video

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

CPU usage on an i7-2600 was average around 40% while streaming video to Facebook with the medium setting. This seems a bit high to me.
anyone else try this feature? I can see this killing a lesser machine.

Inviato Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 8:03 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Video encoding is an intensive operation.
On many intel cpu's and nvidia gpu's, VirtualDJ will use hardware acceleration to reduce the cpu usage for this though.
I'm not sure if the 2nd generation core cpu's like yours already supported this or not.

Inviato Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 8:15 am
tested on my other PC i5-8400 16g ram gtx1060 6gb graphics with an average around 30% CPU usage .. all drivers and firmware up to date. I need to test without the shaders running.

I noticed if I minimize the video output the output Drops to below 20 fps when it is displayed fps stays at or above the expected fps setting in options. There must be some type of bug here.

Inviato Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 7:36 pm
I have an i7-2600 with nvidia 1060. Recording a 1920x1080 within VDJ ramps the CPU from about 50 to 60. Low, medium, or high, dxva on or off. mp4

The recorded VDJ video is jerky when played back (at least on high record setting).

Using my own play back and record code on same machine, and same resolution, CPU tops out about 18 and recorded video is perfect smooth.

I can relate to the GPU having some hardware acceleration but the basic CPU acceleration is SSE and MMX (which have been around for very long time), proper threading, and buffering.

Inviato Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 11:51 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)