Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: need help with sampler (sampler pad page) : pad pages + dj controller issue

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi guys,

So this is my problem:

I have silversleek 3 skin with pad page "sampler" selected on the right side. On the left side I have another but different pad page. (no sampler)

with no controller connected all is well and I get 8 sampler pads (naming etc is correct).

it looks like this. Great. I use a touchscreen so now I can immediately trigger the samples without switching to sampler page and still viewing side list

As soon as I connect a controller ( in this case Hercules RMX2) it immediately goes wrong: naming changes and it doubles some samples and when I play them they are the wrong samples!

I thought it was something in the mapping. But I erased the entire mapping and switched to factory reset and still persists!

So my question is the following: How can I have the right samples (selection and naming etc.) in the right pad page when having a controller like RMX2 connected. I dont use the sampler page on the RMX2's!

As I said I heavily rely on my touchscreen and want to be able to trigger my various 8 sample banks from the pad pages. (only the right one, the left one is for selecting fokders) Now it is only possible when I have no controller connected. Please explain what I need to do or change or script. ???

I would really be able to use both my dual rmx2's for cueing etc and use the right pad page "sampler" for all my samples to keep the sidelist visible at all times. Now its unusably unfortunately from the pad pages due to incorrect naming / doubling etc.

Thanks!

Inviato Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 9:13 pm
what an amazing and helpful community! maybe I should have had an issue with "shaders"

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 18 @ 8:54 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
In the sampler options you can set the pads layout to 4 columns, instead of automatic.
Automatic means that it will follow the layout of a connected controller.

Inviato Mon 02 Jul 18 @ 9:03 pm
Hi Adion,

Thanks a lot for replying! Appreciate it. SamplerForceNBcolumns has always been set to 4 so I still think this might be a bug! (the above behaviour still persists when columns are 4, because they always were!)

While I have your attention 2 more sampler questions:

- is it possible to direct access and play any sample directly, for example My "audio logo DJ Timmm blabla " mapped to a pad, independant of current sampler bank setting (this should remain) So you would have this accessible always

- with masterdeck set to auto sometimes it makes my sampler output deck the master when I raise the volume too high.. I dont want that because then its off sync with my main playing track. Is there a way to keep the sampler always in sync slave mode (so that it never becomes the master) ? Now I would have to map a Masterdeck auto OFF (or Deck Active master deck) command to the pad where I select sample banks. I wonder if there's an easier way around this because it limits my use of the beat synced samples!

and this is a big one for me: Struggling with this for years! :::

- is it possible to bypass any channel from becoming the masterdeck (especially inputs) or can you tell me how to map this? I have 3 DJ decks normal (Masterdeck auto switching) but when I work with inputs ( both alternating on deck 4, as is my sampler as well ) I dont want deck 4 to switch to master deck (its percussion and keyboards etc.they are not beatsynced and always give wrong bpm) So how can I program that when I select the input on deck 4 that it doesnt change this as masterdeck. I can only think of adding 'masterdeck auto off' to the pad where I turn on my input but then when I stop using the input I want normal behaviour

Best would be an option to exclude masterdeck selection from inputs (asked for this a long time ago ;-) but maybe you can help me with an alternative

- are there possibilities for shift with touchscreens ( or holding options ) especially for pads...... click = this action hold 1000 ms = action 2 is this possible

Thanks a lot! Im DJ ing 4 times a week now and these are some issues I run into everytime

p.s. bonus issue: Is there a folder lock already? or a workaround (to keep folders in place) Thanks again !!!

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 18 @ 5:03 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
sampler_play "sampleName"

to keep your folder order find the .order files on in your music folders and set them to read only, files can be reordered during a session, but on restart your order is restored.

Inviato Thu 05 Jul 18 @ 5:50 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)