Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Potential Pad Editor Bug

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

grennoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I'm not sure if this would be intentional as I can't see any reason for it, so I therefore assume it is a bug:

When editing the Pads, if there is more than one condition in the VDJscript, only the first condition is considered when used for illuminating the pad

One example of this is, I am using the pads to set genres and subgenres for tracks using the following code:

browsed_song 'genre' 'Dance' & browsed_song 'grouping' 'Electro'

The pad will illuminate, however, if the genre is 'Dance' irrespective of the grouping tag

I understand, I can work around this by setting the grouping before the genre in the script, but this is just one example and happens in other situations when using more than one condition

Inviato Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 9:31 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Just the way it is, at the xml level there is a query" " tag and you can do your light logic there

query="browsed_song 'genre' 'Dance' && browsed_song 'grouping' 'Electro' ? on : off"

Inviato Thu 28 Jun 18 @ 10:16 pm
grennoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
locodog,

I replaced the ampersands in the pad editor with 2 ampersands and that fixed the problem!

Cheers!!

Inviato Fri 29 Jun 18 @ 12:53 am
exactly. when executed, a vdj script with & or && will behave the same. but when queried, a single & will stop at the first action and use its return value, while a double && will return true only if both actions are true.
(so 'play & match_key' will lit up the button when the song is playing, no matter the key. while 'play && loop' will lit up only if the song is playing and looped)

Inviato Fri 29 Jun 18 @ 10:13 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)