Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Macro Cue Points or something like that?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello, I've been thinking about this for a very long time and I have never seen a plugin or feature that does this. I do like that we have POI in VJD now however it is very very cumbersome to set up the same thing over and over again on each track... (ex: light cues). Is it possible to have someone with the smarts create some kind of macro type plugin where I could set up the POI I want to reuse (lets say like 30 or 40 buttons in a pad like interface) and then while playing live hit the button and have 2 things happen, 1, the action happens but 2, the POI is saved so next time I don't have to click the button? Thank you for your time, thoughts and energy. If something like this already exists I'm also open to being educated. The goal is really to have one button save a POI and never have to push it again to make that action happen.. kinda like setting Cue Point 1.. so easy and can be done while scratching on one deck with one hand and tweaking an effect with the other hand and sliding your thumb to a pad button and making this happen :)

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 11:43 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Been done already cueMacro v7 plugin. I need to revisit myself.

I can think of another way but it boils down to what the plugin does already.

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 12:20 pm
Hey thanks, that is pretty much what I was thinking but using named POIs that can get written with the touch of a button. I could certainly make that work for writing lighting cues however the challenge would be the limit of times I could use a cue. For example if I set cue 10 to be my blackout I could only use that once on the fly. One would have to make cues 10 to 15 black outs and remember which cue they had already used unless there was a way to script some crazy smart buttons that would be able to detect that cue 10 was already used so it would write cue 11. For example, one could write such a scripted button to the B key on the key board, then when the B key was pressed for the first time it would write cue 10 to the track DB, then the next time when the B key was pressed while the song was playing, if would know that it now needs to write cue 11.. and so on.. I hope I'm not just a dreamer :) ...regardless this is a pretty cool plugin that I will be playing with tonight for sure! Thanks again!

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 2:32 pm
I think that could be done, have a good play with cueMacro and pm me your thoughts.
What hardware are you planning to use for this, something like a launchpad (or similar matrix controller) would really work well.

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 2:59 pm
Hi Locodog, thanks for entertaining me. The grandiose thought would be a plugin that would allow someone to stage there commonly created named POI actions in a config file and then assign that to a midi button for on the fly POI creation. A launchpad is a great example, all those buttons loaded up ready to be pushed and magically write a named POI to the track without having to open the POI editor. So when midi button 1 is pressed on the launchpad, the plugin looks in the config file and see you want to write a POI action name "Black out" containing action code %insert personal code here% to this part of the song timeline and trigger the action. Then when you play the song next time and it rolls over that part of the timeline VJD nativity just does ur personal POI named action "Blackout" containing %insert personal code here%. I would think that would lighten the load on the CPU since VDJ already does that. The application of this would extend beyond what I would intend it to be used for, wow, now I'm thinking of all the cool things that could get coded to a button for a one touch write on the fly and then VDJ would just do ur trick for you every time! like a beat juggle or a mute on a naught word.. amazing, anyway that's the main thought. I'll PM you later about a smart cue button that would work with cueMacro after a little script research. Cheers!

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 4:53 pm
One of the quirks of action poi is if they exist in a track, you can move them and the action remains,

so you could make a load of cues at the very end of the track (easy to macro this), open the database at text level and a bit of find and replace to make them action poi.

A bit of remapping of a midi device with scripts to query does cue x live at the end of the track? If yes set cue now, if no query the next cue of the same action class. If no cue is available just perform the action

The snag is with this it will really bump up the size of your database, this may or may not be a problem (i had one project that added a MB of data to the database per track, i only applied this to one or two tracks, but as you could imagine 10's to 100's GB sized databases would likely be an issue) it depends on the length you want to go to.

Have a play and good think (have a couple of sleeps on it), pm me a list of actions you'd like to have, even if the list is human language.

Inviato Thu 19 Jul 18 @ 5:29 pm
locodog: Kind of similar to this
Is there a way in v8/2020 to use script to set an action poi including the action - like in the old v7 plugin mentioned

So like
set_mixpoint 'action' 'reverse'
or maybe
cue 10 'action' 'reverse'
or simply
cue 10 'reverse'

I can't seem to find any examples of it - and my examples above obviously don't work :-)

Inviato Mon 09 Mar 20 @ 7:33 am
No dice on that one, it would be good but no.

depends on how accurate you need to be, you could set up rsi monitoring current position to cue position, so that cue 10 always [when the rsi is running] gets the action you want in a roundabout way.

best accuracy would be +/- 20ms when at quartz lock

Inviato Mon 09 Mar 20 @ 8:07 am
Ok, I'll put in a wish for a new feature :)

Inviato Mon 09 Mar 20 @ 9:40 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)