Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Reloop Beatmix skin for VDJ 2018 doesn't support Browser Zoom

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello,
I've just upgraded from VDJ 7 to the new 2018 and apparently my Reloop Beatmix controller isn't fully supported.
Specifically, the Browser Zoom button doesn't show up on screen and I can't zoom the playlist for fullscreen as I've used to before.

Is there a solution for this without using the default VDJ skin instead?

Inviato Sun 19 Aug 18 @ 10:05 pm
Are you trying to use a v7 skin on v8/2018?

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 6:14 am
Yes,
Apparently there is no v8 skin for my controller which is Virtual DJ native and was made specifically for Virtual DJ.

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 6:42 am
No, controller skins are rarely made anymore. They are seen as kind of a gimmic

So if you don't like the default skin I suggest choosing one of the more pro v8 skins. Most of them will have the zoom feature. Like "Controller HD by DennYo"

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 7:43 am
Thank you for the help!
I will try that also.

Regarding the Browser Zoom, I get the feeling that something very small is missing which I can reconfigure / change in the skin itself.
So if those who know how to build skins can help, I might be able to update the skin to allow browser zoom.

Is there any documentation on how to do that? (building skins and configuring them)

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 7:49 am
NaSh567 wrote :
Is there any documentation on how to do that? (building skins and configuring them)

Yes:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/SkinSDK8.html

But the main issue is probably that you need to change your skin from a v7 skin to a v8 skin to ensure full v8 support

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 7:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can also have a look at the default skin xml to see how browser zoom can be added

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 8:25 am
Browser zoom (to full screen) was a standard feature in VDJ 7. It was built into the EXE, so all skins did it.

In VDJ 8 it was removed, but due to customer demand it was (eventually) added back - but it works slightly differently. Some early VDJ 8 skins added their own browser zoom, but now it's back as a standard feature (as long as the skin supports it).

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 5:08 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
NaSh567 wrote :

Yes:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/SkinSDK8.html

But the main issue is probably that you need to change your skin from a v7 skin to a v8 skin to ensure full v8 support

Thank you!

I looked at the documentation, but there is now reference to browser zoom.
Is it called differently?
I will also update the skin itself accordingly to support the zoom, but I need to see the relevant documentation to understand how to implement that.

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 18 @ 8:34 am
This is how "The Thing" skin codes it...

<browser showzoom="true" visibility="not browser_zoom">
<size width="1900-2" height="404+35-31+138-35"/>
<pos x="11" y="665-35+31-138"/>
</browser>
<browser showzoom="true" visibility="browser_zoom">
<size width="1900-2" height="404+35-31+138-35+205"/>
<pos x="11" y="665-35+31-138-205"/>
</browser>

First thing to note is showzoom="true" is used to display the zoom button. Then there are two different sized browsers (normal & zoomed) which swap when the zoom button is pressed.

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 18 @ 9:24 am
Amazing!
Thank you!
I will try it out and see how to configure this!

Inviato Sat 25 Aug 18 @ 12:19 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)