Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer ddj sx3
I just bought a pioneer ddj sx3. This is a mixer that supports 2 laptops at one time. My question is can you have a computer using VDJ and the other supporting Serato together at the same time? Thanks

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 18 @ 3:18 am
Yes

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 18 @ 7:59 am
yes, but: The SZ would sometimes have issues when running 2 different programs.

Inviato Mon 29 Oct 18 @ 3:02 pm
The SZ ? Are you sure ? One of my local clubs uses one every night with various programs. I have played there with other DJ's hundreds of times and we never had an issue because of Dual USB. I have tried any possible combination involving VirtualDJ without a single issue and I'm pretty sure that other nights (that I was not gigging) all other possible combinations come to be as well.

PS: The SZ they have and use is my own controller I sold them second hand.
PS2: Generally I do some tech support for this club and I'm sure that if an issue with the controller was raised they would have informed me.
PS3: The SZ has an issue with Traktor, but that's due to the "bad" mapper Traktor uses for this device and it doesn't affect stability/functionality of the second/other USB interface (the one that Traktor is not running)
PS4: The SZ IS still the most versatile controller one can use...

Inviato Tue 30 Oct 18 @ 7:28 am
My pioneer sx3,, my sample pad lights are white and whenever I touch the pad for a sampler it automatically turn that sampler down.

Inviato Sun 17 Mar 19 @ 11:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Pads in Sampler mode will get the color assigned to each Sample of the selected Bank. They will be white for example if you have selected the AUDIO FX Sampler Bank, but they will be red/blue if the INSTRUMENTS Sampler Bank is selected. Colors for Samples can be changed in Sampler Editor.

As for the "turn down", if by that you mean you dont get any sound when triggered, perhaps you have the SAMPLER VOL knob down ?? http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsx3/layout/mixer.html Nr.17
Or maybe you have selected the un-mute Sampler Trigger mode instead of the Hold or On/off ?
If not the case, please explain further.

Inviato Mon 18 Mar 19 @ 12:20 am
i just upgraded to sx3 from sx2. When i connect to fader 3 there is no sound. The VU meters activate and the sound comes thru the headphone/cue but no audio to he speakers. when i plug into fader 4 everything works as it should. help?

Inviato Fri 28 Jun 19 @ 3:21 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Inviato Fri 28 Jun 19 @ 7:16 am
dng210PRO InfinityMember since 2013
How do I get both laptops to play on the sx3 one says mute and let me play the 2nd laptop

Inviato Tue 26 Oct 21 @ 4:31 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
The SZ ? Are you sure ? One of my local clubs uses one every night with various programs. I have played there with other DJ's hundreds of times and we never had an issue because of Dual USB. I have tried any possible combination involving VirtualDJ without a single issue and I'm pretty sure that other nights (that I was not gigging) all other possible combinations come to be as well.

PS: The SZ they have and use is my own controller I sold them second hand.
PS2: Generally I do some tech support for this club and I'm sure that if an issue with the controller was raised they would have informed me.
PS3: The SZ has an issue with Traktor, but that's due to the "bad" mapper Traktor uses for this device and it doesn't affect stability/functionality of the second/other USB interface (the one that Traktor is not running)
PS4: The SZ IS still the most versatile controller one can use...

I have one and love it, but prefer my RZ to the sz. PS: ever have an issue with crossfader bleed on sz. 2 magvel fader replacements and still have bleed.

Inviato Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 1:09 am
Im jealous i love the pioneer ddj sx3 i just cant afford my own at the moment, even used they are still up there,
For 10 years plus i used denon 4500 and 500, still working great just getting antiquated,
Lol, the club i do a big fec show at still runs the denon stuff.

Sx3, I did one night have cross fader bleed but it just cured itself, weird,
Is it a nightmare to change out the cross fader?
I also had to quickly learn do not let my right hand get lazy and rest on the mixer, i stopped a few songs that way, ugg.
I way perfer the solid play cue buttons over the old denon rubber ones.

On this dual laptop feature,
Could i use one as redundant back up in case one failed during a show?

Inviato Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 4:26 am