Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ Memory - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Have you checked your machine for viruses or malware, because in that screenshot it appears you have files from non-reputable sources.

Inviato Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 2:47 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Unless the virus is a VirtualDJ plugin, it's very unlikely that it would cause the memory usage of VirtualDJ to go up though :p

Inviato Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 2:50 pm
Adion wrote :
It's not normal no.
Was video enabled during this test, and if so what is videoMaxMemory set to?
Any controllers connected at the time? Using default skin? Any effects loaded?

Could you also try using the latest early access build (from https://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html if you didn't enable it)

I'm using the early built that came out yesterday. Yes videos were tested, also disabled the video screen to see if memory goes down. I'm using the silversleek3 but tested also with the default. Memory is a slight lower with the default skin. Videomax is set to automatic, controller not connected and no effects loaded. Currently analyzing 3 tracks at a time but it goes to one if I start to play a track but the memory does not lower.

Inviato Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 2:55 pm
Ok, could you try to start virtualdj with just the default skin, don't open the video screen or load files, and then start analyzing tracks, and check the memory usage to see if it's still rising.

Inviato Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 2:59 pm
Adion wrote :
Ok, could you try to start virtualdj with just the default skin, don't open the video screen or load files, and then start analyzing tracks, and check the memory usage to see if it's still rising.

I will try that, the other thing to mention is that I used the database from the 700k hd because with no database VDJ wanted to analyze every single track.and I would of lost my play history from each file. I figure it would clean up the database clearing all info from it that is no longer on the HD. But after cleaning database I was surprised that it was almost the same size as the 700k, Am I wrong for doing this? Should I delete and let it build a brand new database?

Inviato Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 3:05 pm
By using clean database, vdj removes the missing files from the database, but it will indeed not change the size of the database file. It will just use the empty space for any future additions. This empty space doesn't take any space in memory, except during startup when it's loading the database.

Inviato Fri 09 Nov 18 @ 3:30 pm
Another aggravating night as it kept happening again which caused me to miss lots of mixes. Well I spent the last 6 hours formatting my laptop to factory settings. I only have vdj on it and ran the same test. Same issues but I was doing it with the 64 bit version. Please VDJ test it out well, keep loading tracks and load big files to test let it run, you may not notice right away. After awhile check the task manager memory. It's most likely going to be higher. After some thought just now I thought to myself to download the 32 bit version. Testing like crazy already for 15 minutes and don't seem to have the problem anymore with it. I'll leave the 32bit running on automix and check it later cause the kids want to play. But I'm.confident I won't have problems with it tonight from what I see so far. It also makes sense that the 64 bit is the issue because I started having problems after startimg to use it but I didn't realize it right away because my gigs were with other deejays so I was able to take breaks. The last few going str8 I would see the issue after a few hours. If it works I'll be going back to my main HD but please VDJ look into the 64 bit version more.

Inviato Sat 10 Nov 18 @ 12:55 pm
To follow up, I played nearly 7 hours last night and zero problems with the 32 bit version. The memory did not increase at all, no lags. I will connect up my 8tb HD with the 700K tonight and test with it. But I'm thinking the 64 bit is the problem, if you're playing a long time with it, check the memory to see if it's increasing.

Inviato Sun 11 Nov 18 @ 12:29 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)