Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Why

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Why is VDJ adding these “upside down question” marks to my database file??

It’s causing big problems with Sound Switch reading my database.

I have them on TeamViewer right now deleting these things but I wanna know what is causing it to happen in the first place??

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 1:22 am
And the one thing I’ve noticed is it’s only on files that have this “Link” thing added to it.

What is this “Link” thing and how do I get rid of it??

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 2:01 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
A bit difficult to see any context from that picture...

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 4:10 am

The upside down question marks, and their only found in lines that start with "LINK Wmp="

They are 100% the problem

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 5:23 am
It comes from the tag. Can you send one of the files that this occurs with?

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 5:57 am

Inviato Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 12:07 pm
Thanks, will be fixed in the next update.

Since VirtualDJ doesn't rewrite the entire database, you would still need to manually remove existing <link Wmp=... /> tags from the database though.
(The link tags with Wmp= can be safely removed)

Inviato Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 4:44 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I am in discussion with Matt at SS also.
He tells me the software is not a direct wave read, but based on the 4 4 cbg anchors.
VDJ has come so so far now, I just wish this was done in a floating more accurate manner where there were segments of the track looked at and corrected rather than over the whole length of the track.
The drift messes with everything connected to the cbg anchors.

Inviato Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 11:12 am
Adion wrote :
Thanks, will be fixed in the next update.

Since VirtualDJ doesn't rewrite the entire database, you would still need to manually remove existing <link Wmp=... /> tags from the database though.
(The link tags with Wmp= can be safely removed)

Awesome and Thanks!!

Question, can I just delete the database file and then rescan all the tracks or is this something that’s in the actual tag of the track??

Inviato Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 1:41 pm
It's on the tag.
But once fixed, the new build won't read this part of the tag anymore as VirtualDJ doesn't use it

Inviato Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 1:43 pm
If you don't have any cue points or other manually set into that you care about you can indeed delete and rescan with the next build

Inviato Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 1:47 pm
Adion wrote :
If you don't have any cue points or other manually set into that you care about you can indeed delete and rescan with the next build

Ok cool, that’s what I wanted to hear. So I’ll wait for the next update and then delete that database file and then just rescan everything.

Thanks again!!

Inviato Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 1:50 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)