Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Key detection v8 wish

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey guys,

Apologies for going on about this....Again!!!
But I hope in the near future there is an option added to a VDJ8 update to choose what 'key detection' algorithm you want to use.
Sort of like Use VDJ 8 Key detection or Use classic VDJ 7 Key detection in the options menu....

Inviato Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 3:53 pm
So you want an option to use key detection that's either accurate, or that's not? Why would you want to use the inaccurate one?

Inviato Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 3:58 pm
Personally for me....The VDJ 7 detection was fine...Enjoyed the 'simplicity' of it....There should have been an option for those who wanted to continue using the VDJ 7 algorithm in the options in VDJ 8.

Inviato Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 4:03 pm

They are equally simple to use, since they are both automatic :)

Its probably more that you just updated to version 8 perhaps? and want to keep using old detection, since v8 might (accurately) change some?

Or do you mean simpler in v7 due to how it was displayed on browser( 1A, 2A etc..)? If so, its same in v8, just called "harmonic", when you right click any browser column header and choose to show this one.

Inviato Sun 18 Nov 18 @ 4:50 pm
Hey Rune - thanks!!!

Yes that's what I mean...I want to use VDJ8 but retain the the VDJ7 algorithm for key detection!!!!!!

V8 has changed the keys & when playing those together do seem off!!!

Is there a way I can continue to use V8 but keep the V7 algorithm????

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 18 @ 4:47 pm
....but the 7 algorithm was (is) broken - or at least not to the same standard as Mixed In Key (considered to be the bench mark).

VDJ 7 always used to detect everything as being in a minor key, which is nowhere near reality. There are huge numbers of popular tracks in major keys.

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 18 @ 5:30 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)