Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Keyboard mappings for file operations?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So I am trying to work completely in VDJ for file management and in doing so I really would benefit from having the ability to remove a file and move a file with a keyboard mapping. But I am not seeing file operations as part of a mappable option. Am I overlooking:

Delete a file via keyboard mapping
Launch the move file to directory window via a keyboard mapping

Inviato Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 6:39 am
Yes, such actions are not able to be mapped, mainly for security reasons (accidental deletion/move of a file e.t.c.)
BTW: You know you can move a file by holding SHIFT down while dragging it, right ?

Inviato Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 8:09 am
Well, that helps a little bit, thanks for the tip. :)

I do wish they would do file operations as an option to map. It really is a PITA, although having that safety feature is nice.

Inviato Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 2:23 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For deletion, you could map a key to add the track to a specific virtual folder.
Then when you are done, you can just go to that virtual folder, select all files and delete them all at once.

Inviato Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 2:30 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I prefer the coloring method to delete a track.

I've mapped a button like this:

Param_Equal "`get_browsed_color`" "red" ? browsed_file_color 'reset' : browsed_file_color 'red'

First press will color the track red -> marked to delete
A Second press will reset the coloring in case I change my mind and don't want to delete the track.

A filter folder with

color = red

gathers all track to delete.

The advantage of a filter folder over a virtual folder is: If you move a file into a virtual folder and, like above, change your mind and don't want to delete the track, you have to navigate to the virtual folder and remove the track, then navigate back and continue.

Inviato Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 9:24 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)