Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Ability to play songs from Spotify

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

don955ControlleristMember since 2014
Since we all are suing Spotify these days, I really wish there was a way to get this program to read Spotify songs that are saved on the computer. Sure we can all download wav files before a dance or wedding, But when we get there, theres always someone who has a request we have to download.. If VDJ could read spotify we could play it faster than having to go to spotify and play it on a seperate platform

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 18 @ 10:40 pm
I like owning the music I use to make money.

Inviato Wed 12 Dec 18 @ 10:47 pm
1. It's not legal to use Spotify for DJing professionally including being a wedding DJ
2. If you want to use an "at home only" streaming service like Spotify inside VDJ, there is an option for Deezer streaming (basically the same as Spotify - also only licensed for home use)

Inviato Thu 13 Dec 18 @ 11:29 am
don955 wrote :
always someone who has a request we have to download

No, you don't have to download it. You can simply say that you don't have that track. That's what DJs always used to do, and it can still be done now.

...or of course you could buy it legally from another online source. If you have access to Spotify, you also have access to stores that sell tracks.

Besides, if they've asked for a track and you don't already have it - why? If it's a worthwhile track that will get people dancing, you should already know about it, and have it in your collection. If you don't have it then it could be that it's not a great track anyway, and would clear the floor.

One person asking for a track doesn't mean that you have to play it anyway. We should be catering for the majority, not a single person who's asked for something you don't know or haven't got.

Inviato Thu 13 Dec 18 @ 6:38 pm
They just ask to plug their iphone in to play it from there!

Seriously though, the world is full of Spotify warriors. If you don't have a song they literally spend 10 minutes scrolling through to find something you do have and it really pisses me off. I have a wide commercial collection of music but with so many online services these days you can never have everything.

That's why recently I have moved from pub/club work back to functions as I'm just sick of having phones shoved in my face all night long.

Inviato Thu 13 Dec 18 @ 7:11 pm
...if they've got an old one with a headphone socket! The new ones only have the Lightning connector.

Inviato Thu 13 Dec 18 @ 7:13 pm
I wouldn't do it anyway.

Inviato Thu 13 Dec 18 @ 7:14 pm
Well no, far too risky. Who knows what'll come out of the speakers?

Inviato Thu 13 Dec 18 @ 8:29 pm
taknhaPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hola, existe manera de usar Spotify con el VDJ?

Inviato Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 2:43 pm
taknha wrote :
Hola, existe manera de usar Spotify con el VDJ?

No. Deezer is supported instead

Inviato Mon 21 Jan 19 @ 2:54 pm
jawareHome userMember since 2019
Do you know why VDJ supports Deezer and not Spotify? Thanks

Inviato Sun 27 Jan 19 @ 10:27 pm
It's the other way round. It's the companies that allow VDJ to use their API

Inviato Sun 27 Jan 19 @ 10:30 pm
VDJ did have Spotify brielfy, but some record companies objected to having their copyrighted music available to professional DJ software.

Spotify (and other consumer streaming sites) are for personal use only - not for DJs to use at gigs.

Inviato Mon 28 Jan 19 @ 6:04 pm
issacsimControlleristMember since 2016
Since Spotify is for personal use only, VDJ should have offered it on the home license and not the pro license as they did.

Inviato Wed 30 Jan 19 @ 3:48 pm
issacsim wrote :
Since Spotify is for personal use only, VDJ should have offered it on the home license and not the pro license as they did.

It ended up not being their choice to make at all

Inviato Wed 30 Jan 19 @ 5:14 pm
I do not know if it is illegal but djay pro (that is presented as professional DJ software) https://www.algoriddim.com/spotify has it feature with a nice visual integration... Actually the sound quality is poor and has a lot of audible micro drops.
Think that Virtual DJ must speak again with spotify to bring this feature back.
Best regards

Inviato Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 4:14 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)