Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: XML database help.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Need some advice, How can I migrate 665 xml file information from my primary laptop database to my back up laptop database, don’t want to lose cue points etc.?
Second question, is there an xml compare tool to check file info between two databases like there is for folder comparison...
Thank You..

Inviato Wed 16 Jan 19 @ 8:00 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Have you tried the Compare plugin for Notepad++?

I'm not sure what you mean by 665. Cue points are kept in the database.xml that can just be copied.

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 4:34 am
Thank you for the reply let me explain,
I scanned two identical folders of two difference hard drives with a file Synchronizer program and got 665 audio & video files which are not present in the target drive and I have to copy into the target drive.

I need to also copy individual file information from the source xml database into the target xml database drive to keep each file history intact.

I do have Notepad++, what would be the best way to accomplish this task.
Thank You...

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 12:37 pm
The best way is to copy/ move the files within virtual DJ.

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 12:42 pm
The two database exist in two different drives from two different laptops.

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 12:52 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Network the machines then.

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 1:08 pm
Net Work the machines, so if I copy files within VDJ from the source machine into the target machine drive, will this also copy each file history into the xml database of the target drive too?

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 1:43 pm
Not sure I don't use history, if it doesn't work all you'd have to do is copy history across and use find and replace is np++ to correct the filepath in one sweep.

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 1:52 pm
The file history doesn’t exist in the target drive, so would have to copy file history from the source database into the target drive database.
Not to sure how to go about it and looking for advice..

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 2:09 pm
Just copy the file across like any other file in windows, stop over thinking it. history isn't in the datgabase xml it is in the vdj history folder.

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 2:31 pm
Okay, that may be true in v8, but I'm working with v7 right now and will upgrade to v8 when done.. When I say history I mean cue point etc.

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 2:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please use the Old Versions forum next time you require some assistance for older/deprecated versions of VirtualDJ. https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/20/Old_versions.html

I believe version 7 did the same thing as version 8, so moving/copying files from within File Operations of VirtualDJ, will also add in Database the info from the source files.

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 2:53 pm
Okay, thank you for that info will try this now...

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 19 @ 2:58 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)