Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Final Scratch

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have just purchased stantons Final Scratch v1.1 and its very impressive anyone who likes VDJ or Atomixmp3 should buy this...YOU NEED THIS!!!
anyway it's main base for this program is TRAKTOR and I would like to know if atomix productions could make a OS for final scratch because there platform is simply better (plus i love you guys)
THANKz

Inviato Wed 29 Oct 03 @ 7:10 pm
Definitely a good plan dude....if VDJ met Final Scratch the competition wouldn't stand a chance.....

Inviato Wed 29 Oct 03 @ 7:24 pm
and if they could just build it all into a mixer.......heh......

Inviato Wed 29 Oct 03 @ 7:58 pm
In my opinion Final Scratch is creative but regressive technology. Consider the following in comparison to a good controller alternative: http://www.virtualdj.com/features/hardware.html

FINAL SCRATCH:
Pros
===
- Good ability to manipulate like vinyl.... scratching etc.
- Only requires 2 vinyl records & PC if all other hardware is in place.

Cons
====
- If hardware is not in place, you have to lug 2 turntables.
- Club owner more likely to frown at you disconnecting his TT setup, plus for most pro booths, TT RCA plugs are hidden and inaccesible. Although I conceed that for vDJ you still need access to 1 or 2 line inputs.

HERCULES CONTROLLER
Pros
===
- Ability to manipulate much in the same way as vinyl
- Much more portable than turntables
- Offers more controls for other commands like playing Fx and samples.
- Much less expensive than Final Scratch

Cons
====
- Need to get used to a new tactile feel
- Can't needle drop.... well sort of

Inviato Thu 30 Oct 03 @ 5:06 am
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I also have FS, I hardly ever use it for the main reason is that there are lots of ground looping problems when you venture from club to club. Even if you use ground eliminators for your whole complete system (FS), you could still have a problem. Then the only thing left to do is install eliminators on the house DJ system and we know that is almost impossible. Especially if you are not the first DJ to go on. I think FS had a great thing in mind, but after using VDJ last night for the first time and after looking into their (VDJ) additional boards/mixers/scratchers, I think they are on a better track. I also had problems with FS and making the "stripes", with some of the songs being garbled anywhere within the song, so the only way to feel safe is to play each song completely at home for the first time before going to the gig. I also don't like the dual-boot with FS and if you defrag. you better uninstall FS and reinstall before heading to the gig. I am looking forward to the XP or whatever that hardware is that VDJ is coming out with. I think that will hurt FS, which is the main reason I didn't upgrade FS to the CD version, I'd have to purchase two professional CD players to do the scratching and mixing.

Inviato Sun 30 Nov 03 @ 5:49 pm
See also this thread.
The XP10 controller is the best sollution for djing without turntables. With turntables the combination of the soundgraph controller and the VDJ software is a much better solution then final scratch (In my opinion):
- You have also a 19" controller which could be used without turntables
- Build in soundcards
- Build in power supply

Please give also your opinion...

Regards Ewout

Inviato Tue 02 Dec 03 @ 6:58 pm
I went to a presentation of Final Scratch @ a pré-event of the Red Bull Music Academy. I must say that I'm a bit dissapointed in this expensive way of djing:
- VDJ has more functions then FS (loops, effects,...)
- VDJ has a better waveform that makes it clearer to spot breaks.
- I just like VDJ way more then FS :o)

FS on the other hand has something that VDJ doesn't have for the moment. FS has the appreciation of die hard vinyl lovers!
Even reluctantly they admit that FS a good system is.
But don't try to talk them into another software ... I tried.

DJing with a PC is not always appreciated by club promoters. Last thursday I was rejected from a DJ competition when I mentioned that I use a PC. Even the big Techno DJ 'Tomaz' agrees that some clubs are not 'prepared' for PC DJing. But you have a better chance to spin in a club when you use FS then another software.

I'm sure that VDJ, with 2 XP-10's, can stand next to this software without shame.
But how long will that last? I talked to the Stanton representative and he said that they will integrate most of the functions of the Traktor DJ Software into FS.
Imagine that!

Yes, I'm aware of the feature that enables VDJ to spin vinyl by using a webcam but I don't find it very attractive.
Who uses it actually? Does it work properly?

So for the conclusion:
Today I prefer VDJ (with 2 XP-10's) or some nice (expensive) Pioneer CDJ 1000 MKII's.
But when FS integrates some 'new' features, it should become (even more) attractive to Pro DJ's.

PS:
Even more beautiful should be a Pioneer CDJ 1000 MKII with a waveform as clear the VDJ waveform. Or is it already that clear?

GnoedeL

Inviato Sat 22 May 04 @ 5:09 pm
shalinHome userMember since 2004
may i please have one of your serial numbers to run virtual dj i would appreciate it-thank you

Inviato Sun 23 May 04 @ 1:38 am
Hi,
Big Techno Dj......Tomaz???? who?

Thankyou please.

Inviato Sun 23 May 04 @ 3:08 am
Well Tomaz is big in the Benelux :o)

Inviato Sun 23 May 04 @ 1:05 pm
2 advices
1st be petient the company knows excactly what is doing
2nd use whatever you feel more comfortable for your mixes.The output is all that matters.

Inviato Mon 24 May 04 @ 10:13 am
ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It depends more on what your DJing is about. If you just want to make home mixes etc. then VDJ is fine.

But if you want to make it big professionally, then, definitely here in The Netherlands, you need professional stuff.

Final Scratch is the only product that has been able to penetrate the professional market. My hope was that the XP10 would also penetrate the professional market, yet current delays force me to start looking into Final Scratch. Not because it is a better product, I would prefer VDJ, but because my career depends on it.

Without support for the XP10 from famous DJ's and a professional supply and support, it will be an excellent solution without excellent opportunities.

Inviato Fri 28 May 04 @ 9:34 am
U got a seriously point...

Just a laptop and a GREAT program is not gonna cut it! Sad, but true, its about image as well...
There is little chance of letting me play at a club without looking profesional, by that I mean u gotta have a pro controller...

I know this sounds kinda stupid, but its true! A club manager and the DJ community wants the DJ to appear as an artist, as skilled worker with pro equipment. I know u can work maybe just as well with a mouse, and the laptop, but this will apear to the crowd and owner, and dj community, as "to easy", "to simple", "not real dj enough" etc..

I have met a lot of strange looking eyes when I have told I might go digital soon, at all my gigs. The other djs dont like, or dont apreciate that. But, then again Røyksopp is from my hown town, and they DJ with PC, BUT have fancy controllers. And then everything is oki doki ... strange, but true. Call it vain, but DJ-ing IS a about image as well.

IF xp10 get a pro look, pro feeling etc, THEN going to laptop dj-ing will be ALOT easier.
I tried Hercules, along with my pioneer cd decks, and amazingly enough, just that little console was enough to get a lot more good attitude from other dj's as well as owner.
So even Hercules console can cut it - make u look pro enough (at least for small pubs etc, I guess a more robust console, more pro dj looking thing, like XP10 might be, will be needed at a club..)

So, I totally agree... XP10 - and even maybe Hercules "Pro" (heard some rumours...), or even Hercules as it is for small dj-ing, is needed for pro appearance! :)
Sure Final Scratch looks pro enough for everybody, but I'm not, and have never been a Vinyl jokey, so - for all us CD dj's, Final Scratch is not what we are looking for. What we want are controller that looks and feels like a real CD player (like Pioneer CDJ or other) - and even build it into a rack for superb pro image :) I'm thinking of building a rack with my Hercules console bulit in, covering my laptop, so only LCD display is visable, and I really believe that will make a HUGE difference when it comes to my "dj image" :)

BUT - as a conclution, I would say that VDJ is by far the best and easiest, and fastes growing and updated, software for pro dj ing. And with Hercules around, XP10 comming, and maybe even more consoles/controllers in the near future, it looks VERY promising! :) and I am DEFINITIVELY going to be a 100% digital dj soon.... It's just sooooo much easier to bring a laptop to a gig :) and sooooo much easier to manage my music collection. VDJ makes me a better, faster and more relaxed DJ... there is no doubt...

So - all of my love to VDJ team, and I look very positively to the future when it comes to pro consoles :)

Dj in norway

Inviato Fri 28 May 04 @ 1:07 pm
ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yeah, I play with VDJ and DMC-1. While I do get a few gigs each month, I would get much more if I had the same output but worked with vinyl.

Inviato Fri 28 May 04 @ 1:31 pm
Sad..... but true...

Inviato Fri 28 May 04 @ 2:27 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)