Forum: General Discussion
If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines (*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
Serato User with...
Topic: Serato User with a few questions to people that use both applications
So I've been working for a couple of weeks in VDJ and there are a couple of things that I can't find. Also, I read the manual...
1. Serato Crates: So I see them, I can interact with them, I can sort them (somewhat) but I can't manually reorder them and I don't see a number column. Is this a limitation or VDJs interaction with Serato? Do I have to make new vdi playlists folders to be able to do this? I'm hoping that isn't the answer.
2. Serato Flip, Is there anything like that in the app? I know there is scripting but if you are familiar with Flip, it's very easy to make custom actions quickly and efficiently. Is that anywhere in VDJ?
3. My cue point colors have a mind of their own. Sometimes I'll make a new cue point and it will be one color, and the second another color, which is how I have it set. Next time I do it with a different song, the cues are all the same color, red or blue. Is that a glitch or am I missing something?
4. Sandbox is really impressive.
Inviato Tue 19 Feb 19 @ 6:43 am
There is indeed no number column in VDJ. I'm not sure what the use would be?
Can you explain a bit what you use Serato Flip for exactly?
Unless you specifically color your cue points in the POI editor (or imported from serato for existing cue points), they should follow the automatic colors according to the nonColoredPoi setting.
Inviato Tue 19 Feb 19 @ 7:06 am
Serato Flip is like Visual Basic for DJs. It records physical actions (button movements) that allow you to record new beats, versions that start with the chorus and then jump right to the 3rd verse and censor for dirty versions. Stuff like that.
As far as cue points, that's the problem, I'm not manually changing the colors, they should set different colors at random, but sometimes they don't.
Inviato Tue 19 Feb 19 @ 8:05 am
Same goes with Playlists, where you can additionally re-order tracks manually.
Its up to the nonColoredPoi setting value. If set to Per-Cue, then Hotcues will get the pre-defined different colors.
If not the case always, then you could check 2 things..
- See if the settings are saved on exit, e.g. change setting to Per-cue, close, re-open VDJ and see if the value is still as set. If not, then there may be some write-permission issue on that file/folder
- See if the POIs are manually set to a Color from POI Editor (default Color value is "None"). If set, then the set color will override the pre-defined one.
Inviato Tue 19 Feb 19 @ 8:26 am
Inviato Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 9:14 am
It’s nice and all but the time it takes to “flip” a track I could just make an edit with Live or even chop a track with MixMeister......
Inviato Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 5:50 pm
I did suggest that they make timeline available to us as a paid extra, but that went nowhere. :-)
Inviato Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 5:55 pm
Inviato Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 9:08 pm
As for "flip" my fx with accompanying padpage (called) Routine does what flip can do and also it is editable after recording.
Flip was never an easy thing to explain, nor is Routine but once you get it, it's pretty simple.
the only thing I don't like is the Routine jump markers littering the song_pos wave, I tried using remix points (no dice) I also requested a transparent cue colour, a special new cue type and a few other ways to avoid the litter, but again that didn't happen.
Inviato Wed 20 Feb 19 @ 10:14 pm
Inviato Thu 21 Feb 19 @ 6:41 am
Inviato Thu 21 Feb 19 @ 6:54 am
locodog wrote :
dj's who code on mac don't appear to exist
SBDJ exists - well, I think he's still with us.
Inviato Thu 21 Feb 19 @ 5:26 pm
Inviato Thu 21 Feb 19 @ 5:35 pm
Anywho back on topic.
Inviato Thu 21 Feb 19 @ 6:03 pm