Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mobile djs - Page: 3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

It is simple:

A DMX universe supports 512 digital addresses. So let's say you have 512 little boxes.

Each light takes up some of those boxes in order to perform.

So, when you use a fixture that takes up 10 boxes to perform, you can't put it's start address on 505 address. Because 505+10 = 515 and the last 3 boxes (last 3 attributes of the fixture) will be out of range

When addressing lights what you need to make sure is that fixture 'boxes' don't overlap each other and don't get out of range of the universe

DMX PARCAN with 4 DMX addresses starting at 10 will occupy boxes 10,11,12,13
If you want to add a second PARCAN you can put it on 14 (next free box) or prior to 6 (6,7,8,9)
If you add it on 7 then the two fixtures will overlap 7,8,9,10 & 10,11,12,13
What happens if two fixtures overlap?
Let's say that Our PARCAN is RGBW and each address controls one color
For PARCAN1 it will be 7=Red, 8=Green, 9=Blue, 10=White & for PARACAN2 it will be 10=Red, 11=Green, 12=Blue, 13=White

As you can see the White color of first can and Red color of the second occupy the same address (same box)
In this case when you try to set your colors on the parcans, every color that contains red or white won't appear correctly on one or both cans
That's because when you set let's say pure "RED" on your cans you tell boxes 7 & 10 to turn on at full intensity.
But PARCAN1 listens on box 10 for white intensity. So, PARCAN 1 turns on both RED & WHITE, while PARCAN2 turns on only red.

Inviato Fri 08 Mar 19 @ 8:32 am
Ok cool and Thanks!!

So the total sum of ALL of my light channels can not exceed 512, correct??

Inviato Fri 08 Mar 19 @ 12:54 pm
Correct. But if you need more you can have extra universes which is 512 channels per universe.

Inviato Fri 08 Mar 19 @ 1:31 pm
Man this is great!!

Thanks a million!! I most definitely have a better understanding now!!

I’m sure I’ll have some more questions but I do appreciate this fellas!!

Inviato Fri 08 Mar 19 @ 2:38 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)